Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davo32683

Seat Belt Buckle Stop.....fell Off

The buckle stop tab on my driver's seatbelt somehow broke and came out. I really had no idea it would be such a pain, but I'm tired of digging around trying to find the buckle down under my ***.

GM Parts Direct wants nearly $20 including shipping for that little plastic thing!!!!

PN is 12453517, does anybody have any ideas to get it cheaper? $10.95 S&H is ridiculous.

How about making something yourself? A nut/washer/bolt would do the trick just fine. Might look a little ghetto but not that bad. I'm sure there's something else you could use that wouldn't look so bad.

We used a couple of buttons from the fabric department at WalMart. Matched the color to the belt, and sewed it on with the heaviest matching thread we could find. If you don't look too close, it looks like it was meant to be there. $2

FYI; went to Buick dealer today who wanted 38$ Cdn !!for the "seat belt tongue stopper". I then found out that the Toyota dealer has them for 2$

Hmmmmmm

I, as well need the "stopper".

Will be visiting the Toyota dealer on Thursday.

I thought about using a small fender washer and my rivet tool. Once I trim off the excess center part, the rivet would come loose so I scratched that thought for the moment.

GM Parts Direct wants nearly $20 including shipping for that little plastic thing!!!!

PN is 12453517, does anybody have any ideas to get it cheaper? $10.95 S&H is ridiculous.

Umm, just go to a dealer and buy it? List price is $15. That's cheaper.

FYI; went to Buick dealer today who wanted 38$ Cdn !!for the "seat belt tongue stopper". I then found out that the Toyota dealer has them for 2$

So are we talking about the little plastic button thing on the belt?

www.rockauto.com

2002 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO LS 3.4L 207cid V6 FI (E) : Body-Interior : Seat Belt Buckle Button Stop Price Core Total Advice

DORMAN Part # 74357 More Info {HELP! - Carded; Seat Belt Stop Kit Universal. Easily snaps together. Prevents buckle from sliding down belt. Kit services 2 seat belts. #12453515}

Old Body Style

Part Image

$3.75 $0.00 $3.75

wwwww

Add to Cartwwww

So are we talking about the little plastic button thing on the belt?

I had the same problem with the seat belt stops in my Suburban...both front belt stops broke and fell off.

seat_belt_stop.jpg

I noted that the same part is available from Toyota that is almost identical. It cost $2.04 per side, and was in stock at a local Toyota Dealer. I bought four (4) sets for a bit over $8 plus tax. Problem solved ( you do need something to install that will melt the little center pin. I used a small solder iron for mine - worked great.)

Good luck.

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.