Photo
- - - - -

Procomp Lift On A Nnbs 2007-08 Silverado

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 rtsb

rtsb

Enthusiast

• 36 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

I just received the new issue of Truckin Magazine they have a write up on a 07NNBS 6"lift any one in here have a ProComp lift on their NNBS yet would like to know some info on it if you have.How's it ride vs stock any hidden cost that you were not aware of any cutting involved.Thanks

#2 OutlawBiz

OutlawBiz

Enthusiast

• 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

I just received the new issue of Truckin Magazine they have a write up on a 07NNBS 6"lift any one in here have a ProComp lift on their NNBS yet would like to know some info on it if you have.How's it ride vs stock any hidden cost that you were not aware of any cutting involved.Thanks

rtsb~
What issue / month of Truckin magazine was that? Feb. issue? I wouldn't mind reading up on that...I've been wanting to lift mine a bit but am having some conflicts when dealers hear that it is an '08 with AWD and StabiliTrac etc.!?

Thanks,
Chris
'08 Black Sierra Denali Crew Cab AWD
6" BDS Lift Kit | 20" Liquidmetal wheels | 35x12.5x20 M/T tires | Black P.C. Bullett Nerf Bars | Dual headrest DVD | Truxedo Tonneau Cover | Blacked out GMC Grille emblem | Black chrome exahaust tip | HID 6000k headlights and modified Fogs

Posted Image

'02 Chevy Tahoe
'02 Harley Davidson
'67 Pontiac GTO

#3 rtsb

rtsb

Enthusiast

• 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:14 AM

It's the March issue

#4 JAKD-UP

JAKD-UP

Enthusiast

• 154 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

Yeah I got that issue as well. It looks to be a good kit and seems like everybody swears by pro comp. They are at the top of my list whenever I get the money to buy one. I would like to know as well how they do on the NBS.

#5 MKayler

MKayler

Enthusiast

• 82 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

I have the Procomp 6" kit on my truck for about 5 months now. And I have not had any issue with it. The rear seems to ride a little rougher due to add a leaf and there is one cost that you may encounter for the longer front drive shaft and that is about $300 is about all the added costs. There is cutting done on the cross member to allow fit for the new cross member and lowering of the front differential but that is all the cutting I have noticed. If you need some pictures drop me a line and I will see what I can get clear pictures of for you.
Michael

Silverado 2500 Duramax LTZ
Fabtech Lift Kit
35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T

#6 OutlawBiz

OutlawBiz

Enthusiast

• 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:03 PM

Michael~
Could you send some pics!? I'd like to see how your truck sits with the lift / tires etc. if you wouldn't mind sharing. :M16:

Either post them here, or pm me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Chris
'08 Black Sierra Denali Crew Cab AWD
6" BDS Lift Kit | 20" Liquidmetal wheels | 35x12.5x20 M/T tires | Black P.C. Bullett Nerf Bars | Dual headrest DVD | Truxedo Tonneau Cover | Blacked out GMC Grille emblem | Black chrome exahaust tip | HID 6000k headlights and modified Fogs

Posted Image

'02 Chevy Tahoe
'02 Harley Davidson
'67 Pontiac GTO

#7 MKayler

MKayler

Enthusiast

• 82 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Here is link to my garage picture here. Give me a shout if you would like some more and of what like underside of lift and such.

My Garage page
Michael

Silverado 2500 Duramax LTZ
Fabtech Lift Kit
35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T

#8 Joepa

Joepa

Enthusiast

• 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

I have the Pro Comp 6" on my 08 Silverado. I have aprox. 1k miles on it now without any problems. I also got the longer driveshaft, no vibrations while in four wheel drive. Very little cutting like MKayler mentioned. Tires are 35x12.5x18. Pro Comp and Fabtech are the most popular lifts for our NBS trucks. Both are highly talked about. Here's a pic:

Posted Image

More pics in the Gallery! Joepa's Gallery
Posted Image Posted Image

2010 Buick Enclave CX FWD // 2011 Ford F150 Platinum Supercrew 5.0 4x4

Advertise Here