Nbs Lt2 Package

pm26

I was surprised to see that the LT2 level trim no longer contains the Bose stereo which was a part of that package on '06 and '07 classics. Do you have to buy the LTZ trim to get the Bose stereo or is it available as a standalone option?

I looked at a new leftover '07 super cab 2500 Duramax, Allison today. The supercab is not that bad. There is enough room in the back for two adults, although not nearly as much as in my crew cab. It makes the truck shorter than a crewcab with the 6.5' bed and it is certainly easier to park.

I also noticed that the transmission oil temperature gauge has been deleted and you must use the DIC buttons to access this info. A step backwards if you ask me. Interior looked pretty good with leather seats. But the door panels are somewhat cheap looking with large expanses of plastic, and not even a small cloth insert to relieve the plasticky look.

Is the '07 Duramax designed to run on ultra low sulfur fuel? Any change for the '08 model?

I do not know if it is worth it to buy a left over '07 unless one gets a super deal on one. They are discounting them only about $ 8k off the sticker price, which is pretty high - mid 40's on this one. I would consider one if I could get $ 12k off the sticker, but that is not likely.

Seriously, don't waste your money on the Bose stereo. The ONLY reason why it's worthwhile is due to the CD changer. Definitely not the speakers/subwoofer. CD changers are so cheap now that you might as well buy an aftermarket one, or better yet, use an MP3 player. The Bose speakers are a complete rip off, IMO.

I have my 07 Avalanche with the standard 6 disk and no Bose, and my NBS 07 Silverado with Bose. There is definitely a difference in sound quality in the Bose system. It is more crisp. Is it worth the $ amount paid for it, probably not. But I got a great deal on the truck so it didn't matter.

Archived