Evap Vent Valve Solenoid #

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 that needs the "Vent Valve Solenoid" replaced due to the error code-over filled and jumped on the excelerator-stupid me. I called Advance Auto and the part # 25932571 and 214-2149 do not fit my truck. Auto Zone can order one but, no pics of the part to compare it ot hteold unit. I think mine is the square one when I started checking for possible problems. Anyone replaced this on 2004 Silverado and what did it look like? Is it 1 part or 2 parts with the 5/8" hose connected between them? Any help would be great. Its sitting at the dealership right now- $225. for part and $465 to install. OUCH and double OUCH. I cant afford this right now. So I hope someone can provide some help. So far this thread had been a great source of information that you cant find anywhere else. Thanks from, EV372

• 2 weeks later...
ok, we need to find an evap vent valve. dealership charging us 169.18 for our 2007 silverado 1500 classic ls 4.. what do we do?

I have a 2006 silverado 1500. I went to gm and told them i need a solenoid for a 2006 suburban same part, with tax $30.00. put part on (exact same part) light went offf no problems. part # gm# 25932571 delco part # 214-2149. go for it..

I have this same code coming up on my 2003 ext cab, short box. I have been reading like crazy on here but everything mentioned seems to be for 2004 and up. Will this 214-2149 work on my truck? From what I can tell, my unit is located on the driver side, top of the tank on the frame rail. Near the gap between the cab and the box. Dealership wants about $450.00 bucks and I want to do this myself. Just want to make sure I get the right parts!! Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

ok, we need to find an evap vent valve. dealership charging us 169.18 for our 2007 silverado 1500 classic ls 4.. what do we do?

I have a 2006 silverado 1500. I went to gm and told them i need a solenoid for a 2006 suburban same part, with tax $30.00. put part on (exact same part) light went offf no problems. part # gm# 25932571 delco part # 214-2149. go for it..

was that the relocated version or just the swap???

I have this same code coming up on my 2003 ext cab, short box. I have been reading like crazy on here but everything mentioned seems to be for 2004 and up. Will this 214-2149 work on my truck? From what I can tell, my unit is located on the driver side, top of the tank on the frame rail. Near the gap between the cab and the box. Dealership wants about $450.00 bucks and I want to do this myself. Just want to make sure I get the right parts!! Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

you can replace it with a screw driver. its round with a electrical connection and a hose. the hose was good so i reused it. had to buy a hose clamp. just call a gm dealer and ask for a evap solenoid for a suburban 2003 . i heard some are square. gm want you to buy a kit and reroute it for $184,00. witch is bull just get the solenoid and put it on..

was that the relocated version or just the swap???

just the swap . gm want you to buy a kit and re route it up over the transmission.. $184.00

My uncle has an 2007 Silverado with the same code. ( PO0449 )

GM part # 2593271 is this the same part for my uncles truck?

If so than I would be lead to believe I could just buy the Acdelco part # 214-2149 for cheaper and replace it with the bad EVAP solenoid.

Correct?

Please confirm this is the same for my uncles '07. I talked to GM on Friday the parts guy wasnt any help. I think he knew what I was trying to do. lol ( Save money )

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

If so than I would be lead to believe I could just buy the Acdelco part # 214-2149 for cheaper and replace it with the bad EVAP solenoid.

Correct?

Please confirm this is the same for my uncles '07. I talked to GM on Friday the parts guy wasnt any help. I think he knew what I was trying to do. lol ( Save money )

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

This is from Rich (MS3DALE), parts guy from a GM dealership:

GMT800 Silverado Part Numbers:

OEM gas cap - 25827335

OEM EVAP canister vent valve - 19207763 (This is actually a kit that gives you both pieces you mentioned,the round one and the square one)

OEM EVAP canister - 15137021

OEM canister purge solenoid vent valve - 12581282 (This is the one that sits on top of the intake manifold)

Your part number of 214-2149 should work if you are looking for the EVAP Solenoid only

Edited by M. Cueva

Correct?

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

that the part 214-2149 .. dont let gm con you and say you need the rerouting kit. all you need is the evap solenoid.. youl need a screw driver and no other tools.

you can replace it with a screw driver. its round with a electrical connection and a hose. the hose was good so i reused it. had to buy a hose clamp. just call a gm dealer and ask for a evap solenoid for a suburban 2003 . i heard some are square. gm want you to buy a kit and reroute it for $184,00. witch is bull just get the solenoid and put it on..

Thanks for the reply. I have one more question for you guys.....I thought I located this thing, but now I am not so sure. Does anyone have a image or diagram for a 2003 Silverado? Or can anyone explain to me where I should be finding this thing? I thought it was above the frame rail between the bed and the cab, but after crawling under there i don't see any electrical connection running to the unit, only one hose the routes over the fuel tank and back to the charcoal cansiter. Thanks.

...can anyone explain to me where I should be finding this thing? I thought it was above the frame rail between the bed and the cab,...

That's where it is. Trace the hose (5/8" or so) from the Evap Canister to the Vent Valve.

...can anyone explain to me where I should be finding this thing? I thought it was above the frame rail between the bed and the cab,...

That's where it is. Trace the hose (5/8" or so) from the Evap Canister to the Vent Valve.

Ok. Thank you very much. Have you had any experience with this? I am just wondeing how I am gonna get it out and more importantly, what is the proper part number. I keep seeing this AC part # 214-2149, but it looks round. The one on my truck looks square and it doesn't look like that round one will fit up there. Any info or tricks? Thanks again.

...just wondeing how I am gonna get it out and more importantly, what is the proper part number. I keep seeing this AC part # 214-2149, but it looks round. The one on my truck looks square and it doesn't look like that round one will fit up there...
Took mine out of the '03 to diagnose / bench test it (suggest you do the same unless you're getting a specific code indicating Vent failure(mine bench tested OK)).

It's affixed with a "clip" type thing to a bracket which is not obvious looking at it. I ended up disconnecting hose, elec. connection, unbolting, and wrestling it out as an assy. (had to turn it every which way to extricate it). Once out, I could see and disconnect the "clip", removing it from the bracket, which made re-install easy. It's pretty straightforward. Hose connection fitting was the most troublesome for me.

Note: Your replacement should look the same. I noticed RockAuto has some erroneous depictions of the Vent Valve that shows a picture of the Purge Valve.