Aftermarket Fog Light Kits For Sl And W/t Owners.

Welp its been what a year and a half sence the release of the gmt900 series and still no foglight kit released from GM? to the best of my knowledge PIAA is working on its release of a "custom" gmt900 foglight harness as mentioned in Daddys "foglight conversion" thread. So far iv bought Two different kits off ebay claiming to be "custom" for these trucks. needless to say they were not even close. So, has anyone herd of any manufactured kits designed for the gmt900s? and has anyone have any luck installing any form of foglights on a gmt900 wich came unequiped with fogs, or the foglight controll nob? any information on success or defeat would be greatly appreciated.

This is a response to an email: Putco now has April 1 stated on their site. How foolish.

Putco is scheduled to release these on 15 Mar. We have been taking backorders and providing Putco with shipping info to have them ship direct so that our customers are assured to receive them from the first Putco batch..... If you order, we will charge your card and provide Putco with your shipping info for them to ship to you direct. Thanks!

Wheelz N Grillez Sales

Ph: 1-888-251-8880

Fax: 623 321-7892

Email: [email protected]

This is a response to an email: Putco now has April 1 stated on their site. How foolish.

Putco is scheduled to release these on 15 Mar. We have been taking backorders and providing Putco with shipping info to have them ship direct so that our customers are assured to receive them from the first Putco batch..... If you order, we will charge your card and provide Putco with your shipping info for them to ship to you direct. Thanks!

Wheelz N Grillez Sales

Ph: 1-888-251-8880

Fax: 623 321-7892

Email: [email protected]

This might be a dumb question but isent what putco releasing on april 1st just bulbs and not the hole kit?

All Putco will have is a replacement bulb for the factory Philips PS24WFF/PS24N or what they are calling H16/9009.

There are several threads here on converting 9005's to fit the factory housing. The 880's will also fit snugly in the socket and only need some type of retention. There are HID conversions available for both of those bulbs.

As for me, I am waiting on the PIAA housing conversion to become available. It is supposed to allow you to put a 510 or 540 series in the factory hole. The 510's are what would fit in my Denali and they take H3 bulbs which have readily available HID conversions as well. So my plan is:

PIAA Housing Conversion + PIAA 510 Kit + Philips 4300k H3 HID Conversion

Total cost is about $450. If you go with an eBay HID conversion you would be closer to $230.

All Putco will have is a replacement bulb for the factory Philips PS24WFF/PS24N or what they are calling H16/9009.

There are several threads here on converting 9005's to fit the factory housing. The 880's will also fit snugly in the socket and only need some type of retention. There are HID conversions available for both of those bulbs.

As for me, I am waiting on the PIAA housing conversion to become available. It is supposed to allow you to put a 510 or 540 series in the factory hole. The 510's are what would fit in my Denali and they take H3 bulbs which have readily available HID conversions as well. So my plan is:

Total cost is about $450. If you go with an eBay HID conversion you would be closer to $230.

sorry for the late reply, been real busy... That's what I'm probably going to do, go with the piaa housing when it comes out then the 540. anyting slightly over 5" will work.. as for HID I'm not sure yet, I was thinking of converting my lows to hid but then again the light from the fogs wouldent match very well. but anyways thanks for the input. Can anyone chime in on how a aftermarket foglight setup would be controlled from inside the cab? an aux switch? or will they automatically come on when the lows are on? thanks guys.

sorry for the late reply, been real busy... That's what I'm probably going to do, go with the piaa housing when it comes out then the 540. anyting slightly over 5" will work.. as for HID I'm not sure yet, I was thinking of converting my lows to hid but then again the light from the fogs wouldent match very well. but anyways thanks for the input. Can anyone chime in on how a aftermarket foglight setup would be controlled from inside the cab? an aux switch? or will they automatically come on when the lows are on? thanks guys.

If I go with the HID I think the stock harness is sufficient, so they would be switched by the foglight switch on the dash. If I went with the halogen H3 w/100 watt bulbs then I would be more inclined to go with a heavier harness and use the voltage from the factory harness to trigger a relay. In either case when the fogs are on then the highs are not (I'm sure someone around here has a fix for that!) If you want the highs and the fogs at the same time (like I would prefer) the simplest way is to use a wireless remote to trigger a relay on a heavy duty harness.

http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=280

http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=272

I'm new on here so excuse me if I ask a dumb question. I'm trying to find a way to upgarade my fog lights to match the HID conversion I'm about to get. Is their any way to do this. I dnt understand why GMC would put a bulb in a vehicle that no one makes.

I'm new on here so excuse me if I ask a dumb question. I'm trying to find a way to upgarade my fog lights to match the HID conversion I'm about to get. Is their any way to do this. I dnt understand why GMC would put a bulb in a vehicle that no one makes.

It looks like Ford is using the same bulb in some new vehicles as well.

In any case the only choices for HID's at this point are:

Get a 9005 HID conversion kit and modify the bulbs to fit in the factory housings.

or

Wait for the PIAA adapters to come out, use PIAA 510 housings, and use an H3 HID conversion.

or

Hope that someone comes out with an HID conversion for the PS24XXX bulbs.

Did you upgarde ur Fog Lights with anything?

Check the link in my signature to the fog light upgrade and also, try using the search feature on this site. This topic has been discussed many times and doing a simple search should get you to the information you need. Advanced search can help in instances that you don't get what you need right away. Welcome to the site.

Daddy

Archived