88 Chevy 1500 Cranks But No Fuel No Spark

DENALIAKITAS

Question

Hopefully someone here is familiar with this and can help me out. Working on an 88 chevy 1/2 ton with a 350 that has been sitting for 2 years. Ran fine when parked but now it wont start. It cranks fine but the injectors do not release fuel and it does not seem to have spark (i pulled a plug and grounded it to the engine to check) unless i wasnt able to get a good enough ground to make it spark. Both the injector fuse and the ignition fuse are good. Cant tell if the fuel pump is working or not (in tank or?) Any ideas what to check would be helpful. Thanks

0 answers to this question

First you need to check and see if the fuel pump is working get under the truck by the fuel tank and have someone turn the key on and listen if not check the wires to see if it has power and if not check the fuel pump relay, then once you have fuel then work on spark.

Hopefully someone here is familiar with this and can help me out. Working on an 88 chevy 1/2 ton with a 350 that has been sitting for 2 years. Ran fine when parked but now it wont start. It cranks fine but the injectors do not release fuel and it does not seem to have spark (i pulled a plug and grounded it to the engine to check) unless i wasnt able to get a good enough ground to make it spark. Both the injector fuse and the ignition fuse are good. Cant tell if the fuel pump is working or not (in tank or?) Any ideas what to check would be helpful. Thanks

Assuming you have fuel pressure I would pull the ignition module from your distributor have have it tested at the parts counter. If it's defective neither the injectors or the coil will fire.

Archived