Photo
- - - - -

88 Chevy 1500 Cranks But No Fuel No Spark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 DENALIAKITAS

DENALIAKITAS

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

Hopefully someone here is familiar with this and can help me out. Working on an 88 chevy 1/2 ton with a 350 that has been sitting for 2 years. Ran fine when parked but now it wont start. It cranks fine but the injectors do not release fuel and it does not seem to have spark (i pulled a plug and grounded it to the engine to check) unless i wasnt able to get a good enough ground to make it spark. Both the injector fuse and the ignition fuse are good. Cant tell if the fuel pump is working or not (in tank or?) Any ideas what to check would be helpful. Thanks

#2 silveradobobby

silveradobobby

Enthusiast

• 140 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

First you need to check and see if the fuel pump is working get under the truck by the fuel tank and have someone turn the key on and listen if not check the wires to see if it has power and if not check the fuel pump relay, then once you have fuel then work on spark.

Hopefully someone here is familiar with this and can help me out. Working on an 88 chevy 1/2 ton with a 350 that has been sitting for 2 years. Ran fine when parked but now it wont start. It cranks fine but the injectors do not release fuel and it does not seem to have spark (i pulled a plug and grounded it to the engine to check) unless i wasnt able to get a good enough ground to make it spark. Both the injector fuse and the ignition fuse are good. Cant tell if the fuel pump is working or not (in tank or?) Any ideas what to check would be helpful. Thanks

ASE Master Tech 15+ years, Mechanical Engineer 10+ Years, HVAC Enigneer and Master Tech 10+ Years
2008 Silverado LS SB SC, Victory Red 4.8L, CAI Open Element, Dumped Flowmaster, DIC Upgrade, Gm Fog Light Upgrade, Color Matched Handles and Mirrors, 2" Lowering Shackles. Coming Soon Banks Headers, Diablo Tuner and G80.

#3 General GM

General GM

Enthusiast

• 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

Assuming you have fuel pressure I would pull the ignition module from your distributor have have it tested at the parts counter. If it's defective neither the injectors or the coil will fire.