Abs Light

Question

The abs light and brake light come on about 75% of the

time on my '01 Tahoe. The code is CO265 (EBCM relay circuit).

Any ideas?

Edited by 383

USA#1,

I have a 2002 Suburban and my ABS light is on all the time and the Brake light comes on about 90% of the time. Would you happen to know if your recommended repair would fix this?

Any input/advice is appreciated.

Bob

did you ever get your situation worked out?

Mine just came on this evening after hitting a bump in the road. I'm hoping its nothing more than a ground. :happysad:

USA#1,

I have a 2002 Suburban and my ABS light is on all the time and the Brake light comes on about 90% of the time. Would you happen to know if your recommended repair would fix this?

Bob

you have a code in the EBCM,get it scanned and diagnosed,,,,no guessing to the repair over the internet

USA#1,

Bob

you have a code in the EBCM,get it scanned and diagnosed,,,,no guessing to the repair over the internet

Mine comes on random. if it is not on you cannot get a code. must scan when light is on.

I've had this in the shop several times and they've tried to chase it down by replacing wheel sensors and cleaning grounds. I don't know what codes they pulled from EBCM but since it seems like an easy fix (famous final words) I'm thinking I'll pull the EBCM and look for and repair any bad solder joints. If that doesn't work I'll bring it to local Chevy dealer and hope for the best. I posted my question here in an attempt to determine if the fact that my lights are not really intermittent would be an indicator that bad solder joints are not to blame but I understand Internet diagnosis are not always feasible.

Thanks.

Bob

what scanner was used?

dont know. will be going back-they are still trying to find what is causing the P0442 vapor leak. 2 smoke tests, 2 valves and afer clearing the code the SES comes back on after 3 starts. started after they changed the fuel pump so he is not charging me.

USA#1,

Bob

did you ever get your situation worked out?

Mine just came on this evening after hitting a bump in the road. I'm hoping its nothing more than a ground. :happysad:

I been getting both ABS and Brake lights coming on random for about a year. Went To the Modulemasters website and used thier "Wizard", for what I selected as symptoms they suggested first checking the 60 amp fuse. It looked fine but I pulled on it (didnt take it out) and then pushed down on it. Lights have not come on for 5 days now. used to come on every day. Hope I got lucky on this one!

Ok, looked into this module resolder thing. Went to remove it and found very rusty torx screws, not even close to removing with driver. I got out the right angle die grinder with a carbide rounded head and removed the heads off the #20 torx screws, removed the module and then broke 4 of the tiny torx for the cover to get to the soldering. I am heading up to the hardware to replace with stainless hardware tomorrow. There was two solder joints on the board that were cracked so this was good to see in person. I will keep you all posted on the out come in about a month to let you know if this does work. By the way I did not address the regrounding issues. I wante dto see how this went first.

Update...........have it all together and took for a road test. No lights came on in this normal trip I would normally gets light on!! I will let you know if they come on.

Also I still am not going to address the ground wire issues that was mentioned to fix this abs / brake light issue. I want to see first hand one step at a time what this problem was.

I am going to order up a complete set of brake lines for this truck!! Boy are they rusted!! I have 260,000 on it and they show it in northern Il salted roads. Any good places to get a complete set at a deal?

Stay tuned...............Dave