Envoy Blower Motor Install Help

Hi all,

Well as you can see this is my first post. I'm pretty handy when it comes to repairs, however, I'm by no means an expert and I usually find my way with a little push in the right direction. I have a 07 Acura TL-S which I know inside and out but I'm looking for a little help with an Issue that has come up on my Envoy.

I have a 04 Envoy XL and the Heat and AC only works on settings 1-4... My trusted mechanic has told me that it's a bad Blower Motor resistor. Now that I know what the issue is, I'm looking for some insight on a DIY and suggestion on where to pick this part up at a decent price.

I searched the forum and I'm sure it's been covered but I just couldn't seem to come up with an answer to my question. Does someone have a DIY for replacing the Blower Motor Resistor? I appreciate your help and look forward to being a part of your forum family

- Brad

07 Acura TL-S

04 Envoy XL

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Brad, welcome to the forum. I wish I could help you out with your issue, but I can't. I wanted to welcome you though. I have a 2005 Envoy but haven't had that problem yet. There is someone here that has a real nice white Envoy that knows a lot about them. I'm sure he will help when he reads this.

Good Luck Sir...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I am having the same problem as well....

Resister is only running off of #5 the 1-4 are blown ...

Anyone know what the part number is for a Blower Motor Resistor for a 2004 Envoy?

Thanks!

2003 and 2004 Envoy they are using the same parts. I just fixed a 2003 GMC Envoy - Blower Motor Resistor Problem is : blower speed only 4 and 5 working. Parts : ACDELCO 1581095 Price : from part store about $36.00, Dealer $54.00 The blower resistor right under the passenger side glove box, next to the blower. You need to unscrew two box screws to dismount the right hand insulation panel, then you will see the resistor pad - little bit inside up. Unscrew two box screws then the pad will come off, unplug the power from blower motor and the seven pin plug from resistor pad. Installation reverse way. Recaulate the air-conditioning module for 1 minutues Simple !!!I hope this will help you guys !!Good luck !!!

• 1 month later...

What do you mean when you say to "Recaulate the air-conditioning module for 1 minutues"?

Thanks,

Eric

I am having the same problem as well....

Resister is only running off of #5 the 1-4 are blown ...

Anyone know what the part number is for a Blower Motor Resistor for a 2004 Envoy?

Thanks!

2003 and 2004 Envoy they are using the same parts. I just fixed a 2003 GMC Envoy - Blower Motor Resistor Problem is : blower speed only 4 and 5 working. Parts : ACDELCO 1581095 Price : from part store about $36.00, Dealer $54.00 The blower resistor right under the passenger side glove box, next to the blower. You need to unscrew two box screws to dismount the right hand insulation panel, then you will see the resistor pad - little bit inside up. Unscrew two box screws then the pad will come off, unplug the power from blower motor and the seven pin plug from resistor pad. Installation reverse way. Recaulate the air-conditioning module for 1 minutues Simple !!!I hope this will help you guys !!Good luck !!!

Archived