Fuel Filter

Starmachinist

Question

I know this sounds like a silly question but where is the fuel filter located?? I saw on my buddies Yukon XL that it was mounted on the frame beside the Tranny, but for the life of me, I couldn't find it on my Yukon. :D (2004 GMC Yukon 5.3l)

thanks,

Andy

0 answers to this question

It is in the fuel tank and is a non servicable item.

Don

Yup, all '03 and up trucks were this way.

Sorry to correct you, but it on 2003's you can still replacce the filters. it is the 2004 model year and up that the filter is in the tank.

My service book on my 2004 Z71 5.3 said to replace Fuel Filter @ 30,000 miles. So is every one saying that there is no filter to service? or that the filter can't be replaced?

Don

Sorry to correct you, but it on 2003's you can still replacce the filters. it is the 2004 model year and up that the filter is in the tank.

Don

My service book on my 2004 Z71 5.3 said to replace Fuel Filter @ 30,000 miles. So is every one saying that there is no filter to service? or that the filter can't be replaced?

The filter was moved to the fuel tank and is a part of the fuel pump and is a non servicable iten.

Don

Don

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Don

Thanks for the heads up. :)

On 2004 MY, it is servicable if you have vin code Z (flex-fuel.) It is on the driver's side frame rail.

Archived