Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimChooz

'99 Silverado Brake Controller, Plug & Play?

Question

I have a '99 Silverado 5.3 Z71. Does anyone know if it's set up for "Plug & Play" trailer brake controller?

Thanks. Jim

0 answers to this question

I have a '99 Silverado 5.3 Z71. Does anyone know if it's set up for "Plug & Play" trailer brake controller?

Thanks. Jim

Jim, it should be. Just be carefull to get the proper harness for the early configuration.

Thanks. Jim

Jim, it should be. Just be carefull to get the proper harness for the early configuration.

Thanks a bunch Blue!

Thanks. Jim

Blue G,

Checked and I have a harness already plugged in and 18" of labeled wires under the dash. It will be a breeze!

Thanks.

Picked up a Draw-tite Controller, wired it up to my harness. All is good, no trailer on yet, picking that up 2 states away next weekend but controller display says all wired ok at truck end.

Question............ why is there a brown illumination wire coming from harness but no place to go on controller????

I have been asking that question for a long time. It may have been to confuse us when they switched that wire for the brake switch input in 2003. Long story short, if you turned on your lights, the trailer brakes would lock up. Messy!

Oh, Ignore that brown wire. as long as it is not hooked up to anything, your fine.

I'll try to ignore it............ but..... but..... I'm a male....... wire just hanging there..... it must, must....... OK.

Taped off.

Thanks Blue G

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.