Photo
- - - - -

Vent Valve Replacement (emissions)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mondo24

mondo24

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

I have a vent Valve that needs replaced. (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). The garage fixing it said it cost $400 for the part & $700 total with labor and comp charges. Is this correct? They said it has to do with Emissions and if I do not fix it, fumes can build up in my cab?!?! Please help me! (2003 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L)

Edited by mondo24, 02 April 2008 - 04:45 PM.

#2 68haywagon

68haywagon

Enthusiast

• 204 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

According to gmpartsdirect.com the back vent valve is $6.19 - part number 15196388

Mike

2012 Silverado ECSB LT - 5.3l - Blue Granite Metallic

2012 Chevy Cruze LS - 1.8l - Silver
1993 C1500 RCLB W/T - 4.3l - Indigo Blue Metallic
1992 Chevy S-10 - 2.8l - Black/Silver two-tone

#3 mondo24

mondo24

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

According to gmpartsdirect.com the back vent valve is $6.19 - part number 15196388

Mike

Here is the more updated info for the error (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). This still a minor repair? Thank you!

#4 mondo24

mondo24

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Mike

Here is the more updated info for the error (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). This still a minor repair? Thank you!

Here is an Update! What ever this part is, the garage removed it. It appears to be a Black Box 4"x3" and 3/4" thick. It has a port for a hose to attach to. It connect close to the gas tank or near by. It does regulate emmission But i assume I can do with out since I am running the vehicle with out. I need to replace to get my engine light off. I will not Pay $700 quoted from my garage to replace! Can anyone Suggest what this part is AND cheap place to buy this part???? Thx!

#5 Norseman

Norseman

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,382 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

Mike

Here is an Update! What ever this part is, the garage removed it. It appears to be a Black Box 4"x3" and 3/4" thick. It has a port for a hose to attach to. It connect close to the gas tank or near by. It does regulate emmission But i assume I can do with out since I am running the vehicle with out. I need to replace to get my engine light off. I will not Pay $700 quoted from my garage to replace! Can anyone Suggest what this part is AND cheap place to buy this part???? Thx!

Charcoal Canister, should be able to get one from your local CarQuest.
PLEASE BUY FROM AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE THAT DEPEND ON THEM.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. -- G. K. Chesterton

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being"
-- Kahlil Gibran

God Bless Our American Service Men That Do Just That!!

If the Malibu had a Toyota badge the toy-sheeple would hump it in a parking lot.

#6 desrtrat

desrtrat

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,010 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

I have a vent Valve that needs replaced. (P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction). The garage fixing it said it cost $400 for the part & $700 total with labor and comp charges. Is this correct? They said it has to do with Emissions and if I do not fix it, fumes can build up in my cab?!?! Please help me! (2003 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L)

that should be covered under warranty- federal emissions..for i believe 7 yrs. if is not covered, your being bent over like a little b**ch..find someone else to look at it..

:thumbs:

#7 Draenor

Draenor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,605 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

Sure its not the valve or solenoid? Its still a cheap fix, approx. $60-80.

Charcoal Canister, should be able to get one from your local CarQuest.

+1 ....I dont think they go more than $150.
Trey (C & A s Dad) could tell you the figure.

2004 GMC 2500 Sierra Metallic Gray CC/SWB

#8 mondo24

mondo24

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

OK i think i have it narrowed down to the "EVAP control Valve". Does anyone know how where i can purchase one of these? Or how i coul dfind a Part number? thank you