Where Do Your Wipers Sit In 'off' Position?

My wipers seem to sit a little high when they are off.......they are around 3 inches or so above the bottom of the windsheild.......they almost seem like they are in the 'armed' position....like when you turn them on the delay setting........but when I switch them off, they dont lower at all.

Is this normal or do I need to repalce my 'blinker, cruise, wiper' arm on my steering column?

How do yours act?

Thanks!!

mine sit normal. If you take off the nut holding them on, you can adjust the "rest" position. The arm is on a bolt with a bunch of splines. Just pull off the arm and turn it down a little bit.

So when you switch yours to the 'delay' position, they dont raise just a bit before they start working?

I thought about adjusting them down, but even right now, if I put them into 'high' mode they are slapping the crap out of the plastic shroud below the windsheild......if I adjust them lower it will just be worse.

Nope. Mine don't move until they are ready to wipe! You might have someone look at that.

So it might be my linkage thats loose or warn.......I'll have to have a look once the weather gets abit better.

Nope. Mine don't move until they are ready to wipe! You might have someone look at that.

So how far above the plastic shroud(below your windsheild) to yours sit?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Maybe an inch or two. Come to think of it, one of mine was loose a while back and was hitting the shroud. I took the nut off and got the arm lined back up and tightened the nut and it was fine again. Take a look at that first.

Thanks.

Maybe an inch or two. Come to think of it, one of mine was loose a while back and was hitting the shroud. I took the nut off and got the arm lined back up and tightened the nut and it was fine again. Take a look at that first.

Excellent.............thanks!!

Thanks.

Excellent.............thanks!!

Mine did the same thing. I didn't really notice it until I was about to change the blades. I just lined them back up and tightened them back down.

There is a black line on the windshield on both sides on GMT800's where the blade should line up with when the wipers are IN the park position. Is its not there then you either have a worn linkage or a bad motor assy or a loose nut on the motor shaft where the linkage attachés, you should be able to hear a clunking while the wipers are running with the radio off.

From what I can see on your sig pic, it doesn't look like yours are out of the ordinary. Maybe you should post a pic so we can actually see what you are talking abuot.

I know if I do the bone head move of turning them on before I get the snow off, they will sit differently for a day or two then return to the regular position. That's what I have noticed...just me though!

From what I can see on your sig pic, it doesn't look like yours are out of the ordinary. Maybe you should post a pic so we can actually see what you are talking abuot.

Here is a pic of my wipers......looks like i can adjust them down however when they are operating they wipe an inch or two below from where they are sitting now, so if I adjust them down, they hit the plastic shroud.

PICT0002Small.jpg

Archived