Bluetooth Options For 2008 Silverado

Check out the Scosche Blue Fusion at

http://www.safewireless.com/hands-free-sto...24e6167775a2f8c

$349.99 includes XM Satellite Harness and Free microphone windscreen cover.

Authorized Scosche and Parrot Dealer.

Note:

1.Works with or without Navigation

2.Streams audio through your car stereo system and ALL of it's speakers.

www.safewireless.com

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... it's been a long time since I first started this thread... but I finally got my BlueFusion installed yesterday!

It showed up via UPS in the middle of preparing for dinner, but I couldn't help myself. I had it installed in about 5 minutes. Very easy to do. Flipped the glove box down, pulled the plug from the XM module, plugged in the harness, hooked up the BlueFusion unit and the mic, and I was good to go. I drove around with the mic wire hanging out today until I decided where to place the mic (have it on the bottom of the review mirror). Now I've got the cord run through the headliner and down the A pillar to behind the glove box.

The sound quality is excellent on my end, and seems good on the other side too. The button fuctions aren't exactly what I expected. It's not as integrated as I might have hoped. Answering a call is easy with the track forward ( >l ) button on the head unit or the steering wheel. You can hang up with the same button. Beyond that, all functions are accessed by holding down the track back ( l< ) button until the xm mutes and the BlueFusion comes up. You then use the audio adjusts knob to access phone numbers of voice dialing. It only shows numbers for contacts (not names), and the steps you have to go to get to the voice dial makes it easier to just find your contact with the phone (I have mine mounded on a suction cup on my windshield just next to the A pillar on the driver's side, so it is in my face and easy to access). There is a mic adjust option, but I cant seem to adjust... I guess I'll figure that out later.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the unit. I would recommend it to anyone wanting an integrated unit that is easy to install and works well for basic calling.

I have a non-nav unit. Additional functionality in a nav unit may make it even more appealing.

Check out the Scosche Blue Fusion at

http://www.safewireless.com/hands-free-sto...24e6167775a2f8c

$349.99 includes XM Satellite Harness and Free microphone windscreen cover.

Authorized Scosche and Parrot Dealer.

Note:

1.Works with or without Navigation

2.Streams audio through your car stereo system and ALL of it's speakers.

www.safewireless.com

Since this topic is back, my boss just the wiring harness from them for his Parrot CK3100LCD, $50 and free s/h not bad.

I also put the 3100 into my wife's 2000 Blazer with the correct harness and it took about 5 min. to get done, the hardest part was figuring out where I was going to route the wires.

I got a p/t job at Circuit City this past holiday season and now that they're closing I'm started buying up the Parrot BT units for cheap.

I got myself an extra 3100 that I plan to put in my Silverado and then move my Schoche to my 92 Sonoma GT but then I ran across this today, Premiers new DEH-P710BT.

If some of you are thinking of going for the Bluefusion, for the price it might be better to go with this instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I added blue tooth from an 09 to my 07. can get you the factory gm parts to add it to your gmt900 trucks. my cost at the dealer ship with the vcim, bluetooth antenna, and new buttons for the steering wheel with phone pictures on them is about $300.00 and it will have to be programmed. then it will work just like factory 09. all you need to have is factory onstar and steering wheel controls.

here are the parts you need to add factory bluetooth to your 07 or 08, sierra silverado, yukon, yukon xl, tahoe, suburban, acadia, and enclave.

vcim # 20783877

antenna # 15938939

steering wheel switch # 25851951

Can you further elaborate on this? I thought the 07 -08 would not be upgradable? Are you confirming what most of us thought that it would be a simple module and reprogram upgrade ?

I have an 07 LTZ, Nav, Onstar, etc and I was wondering about the steering wheel switch and what info (VIN, codes, etc) that the tech 2 would need to implement this?

Can you provide a write up or further details. I was leaning towards the Blue Fusion, but I prefer the integrated soultion if it is not cost prohibitive.

Thanks...

here are the parts you need to add factory bluetooth to your 07 or 08, sierra silverado, yukon, yukon xl, tahoe, suburban, acadia, and enclave.

vcim # 20783877

antenna # 15938939

steering wheel switch # 25851951

I know for sure you can add bluetooth to the vehicles I listed before, because I work at a GMC dealership and have done it. you will need to replace your VCIM with the new one and add the antenna that just plugs into it and have it programmed at your dealer, then it can take up to 24 hours for your onstar to reactivate that is if you still have an onstar subscription. you really dont have to change the steering wheel buttons if you dont want the only difference is that they have a picture of a phone, I did because they are under $30 for the buttons.

only difference between nav radio and non nav is that with the non-nav you just hold down you steering wheel button and when the voice asks for a command you say bluetooth, on the nav radio you also hold the button on the steering wheel but when voice prompts you say onstar and then you say bluetooth

Bluetooth® Vehicles with a Bluetooth system can use a Bluetooth capable cell phone with a Hands Free Profile to make and receive phone calls. The system can be used while the key is in ON/RUN or ACC/ACCESSORY position. The range of the Bluetooth system can be up to 30 ft. (9.1 m). Not all phones support all functions, and not all phones are guaranteed to work with the in-vehicle Bluetooth system. See gm.com/bluetooth for more information on compatible phones.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss1-2000385">

Voice Recognition

The Bluetooth system uses voice recognition to interpret voice commands to dial phone numbers and name tags.

Noise: Keep interior noise levels to a minimum. The system may not recognize voice commands if there is too much background noise.

When to Speak: A short tone sounds after the system responds indicating when it is waiting for a voice command. Wait until the tone and then speak.

How to Speak: Speak clearly in a calm and natural voice.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss2-2000385">

Audio System

When using the in-vehicle Bluetooth system, sound comes through the vehicle's front audio system speakers and overrides the audio system. Use the audio system volume knob, during a call, to change the volume level. The adjusted volume level remains in memory for later calls. To prevent missed calls, a minimum volume level is used if the volume is turned down too low.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss3-2000385">

Bluetooth Controls

Use the buttons located on the steering wheel to operate the in-vehicle Bluetooth system. See Audio Steering Wheel Controlsfor more information.

(Push To Talk) : Press to answer incoming calls, to confirm system information, and to start speech recognition.

(Phone On Hook): Press to end a call, reject a call, or to cancel an operation.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss4-2000385">

Pairing

A Bluetooth enabled cell phone must be paired to the in-vehicle Bluetooth system first and then connected to the vehicle before it can be used. See the cell phone manufacturers user guide for Bluetooth functions before pairing the cell phone. If a Bluetooth phone is not connected, calls will be made using OnStar® Hands-Free Calling, if available. Refer to the OnStar owner's guide for more information.

Pairing Information:

• Up to five cell phones can be paired to the in-vehicle Bluetooth system.

• The pairing process is disabled when the vehicle is moving.

• The in-vehicle Bluetooth system automatically links with the first available paired cell phone in the order the phone was paired.

• Only one paired cell phone can be connected to the in-vehicle Bluetooth system at a time.

• Pairing should only need to be completed once, unless changes to the pairing information have been made or the phone is deleted.

To link to a different paired phone, see Linking to a Different Phone later in this section.

Pairing a Phone

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Bluetooth". The system responds with "Bluetooth ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Pair". The system responds with instructions and a four digit PIN number. The PIN number will be used in Step 4. <LI type=1>Start the Pairing process on the cell phone that will be paired to the vehicle. Reference the cell phone manufacturers user guide for information on this process. Locate the device named "General Motors" in the list on the cellular phone and follow the instructions on the cell phone to enter the four digit PIN number that was provided in Step 3.

<LI type=1>The system prompts for a name for the phone. Use a name that best describes the phone. This name will be used to indicate which phone is connected. The system then confirms the name provided. <LI type=1>The system responds with "<Phone name> has been successfully paired" after the pairing process is complete.
  2. Repeat Steps 1 through 7 for additional phones to be paired.

Listing All Paired and Connected Phones

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Bluetooth". The system responds with "Bluetooth ready" followed by a tone.
  2. Say "List". The system lists all the paired Bluetooth devices. If a phone is connected to the vehicle, the system will say "Is connected" after the connected phone.

Deleting a Paired Phone

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Bluetooth". The system responds with "Bluetooth ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Delete". The system asks which phone to delete followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say the name of the phone to be deleted. If the phone name is unknown, use the "List" command for a list of all paired phones. The system responds with "Would you like to delete <phone name>? Yes or No" followed by a tone.
  2. Say "Yes" to delete the phone. The system responds with "OK, deleting <phone name>".

Linking to a Different Phone

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Bluetooth". The system responds with "Bluetooth ready" followed by a tone.
  2. Say "Change phone". The system responds with "Please wait while I search for other phones".

If another phone is found, the response will be "<Phone name> is now connected".

If another phone is not found, the original phone remains connected.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss5-2000385">

Storing Name Tags

The system can store up to thirty phone numbers as name tags that are shared between the Bluetooth and OnStar systems.

The system uses the following commands to store and retrieve phone numbers:

• Store

• Digit Store

• Directory

Using the Store Command

The store command allows a phone number to be stored without entering the digits individually.

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Store". The system responds with "Store, number please" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say the complete phone number to be stored at once with no pauses.

If the system recognizes the number it responds with "OK, Storing" and repeats the phone number.

If the system is unsure it recognizes the phone number, it responds with "Store" and repeats the number followed by "Please say yes or no". If the number is correct, say "Yes". If the number is not correct, say "No". The system will ask for the number to be re-entered.

<LI type=1>After the system stores the phone number, it responds with "Please say the name tag" followed by a tone.

Say a name tag for the phone number. The name tag is recorded and the system responds with "About to store <name tag>. Does that sound OK?".

If the name tag does not sound correct, say "No" and repeat Step 5.

If the name tag sounds correct, say "Yes" and the name tag is stored. After the number is stored the system returns to the main menu.

Using the Digit Store Command

The digit store command allows a phone number to be stored by entering the digits individually.

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Digit Store". The system responds with "Please say the first digit to store" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say the first digit to be stored. The system will repeat back the digit it heard followed by a tone. Continue entering digits until the number to be stored is complete.

If an unwanted number is recognized by the system, say "Clear" at any time to clear the last number.

To hear all of the numbers recognized by the system, say "Verify" at any time and the system will repeat them.

<LI type=1>After the complete number has been entered, say "Store". The system responds with "Please say the name tag" followed by a tone.

Say a name tag for the phone number. The name tag is recorded and the system responds with "About to store <name tag>. Does that sound OK?".

If the name tag does not sound correct, say "No" and repeat Step 5.

If the name tag sounds correct, say "Yes" and the name tag is stored. After the number is stored the system returns to the main menu.

Using the Directory Command

The directory command lists all of the name tags stored by the system. To use the directory command:

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone.
  2. Say "Directory". The system responds with "Directory" and then plays back all of the stored name tags. When the list is complete, the system returns to the main menu.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss6-2000385">

Deleting Name Tags

The system uses the following commands to delete name tags:

• Delete

• Delete all name tags

Using the Delete Command

The delete command allows specific name tags to be deleted.

To use the delete command:

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Delete". The system responds with "Delete, please say the name tag" followed by a tone.
  2. Say the name tag to be deleted. The system responds with "Would you like to delete, <name tag>? Please say yes or no".

If the name tag is correct, say "Yes" to delete the name tag. The system responds with "OK, deleting <name tag>, returning to the main menu."

If the name tag is incorrect, say "No". The system responds with "No. OK, let's try again, please say the name tag."

Using the Delete All Name Tags Command

The delete all name tags command deletes all stored phone book name tags and route name tags for OnStar (if present).

To use the delete all name tags command:

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone.
  2. Say "Delete all name tags". The system responds with "You are about to delete all name tags stored in your phone directory and your route destination directory. Are you sure you want to do this? Please say yes or no."

Say "Yes" to delete all name tags.

Say "No" to cancel the function and return to the main menu.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss7-2000385">

Making a Call

Calls can be made using the following commands:

• Dial

• Digit Dial

• Call

• Re-dial

Using the Dial Command

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Dial". The system responds with "Dial using <phone name>". "Number please" followed by a tone.
  2. Say the entire number without pausing.

If the system recognizes the number, it responds with "OK, Dialing" and dials the number.

If the system does not recognize the number, it confirms the numbers followed by a tone. If the number is correct, say "Yes". The system responds with "OK, Dialing" and dials the number. If the number is not correct, say "No". The system will ask for the number to be re-entered.

Using the Digit Dial Command

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Digit Dial". The system responds with "Digit dial using <phone name>, please say the first digit to dial" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say the digit to be dialed one at a time. Following each digit, the system will repeat back the digit it heard followed by a tone.
  2. Continue entering digits until the number to be dialed is complete. After the whole number has been entered, say "Dial". The system responds with "OK, Dialing" and dials the number.

If an unwanted number is recognized by the system, say "Clear" at any time to clear the last number.

To hear all of the numbers recognized by the system, say "Verify" at any time and the system will repeat them.

Using the Call Command

1. <LI type=1>Press and hold for two seconds. The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Call". The system responds with "Call using <phone name>. Please say the name tag" followed by a tone.
  2. Say the name tag of the person to call.

If the system clearly recognizes the name tag it responds with "OK, calling, <name tag>" and dials the number.

If the system is unsure it recognizes the right name tag, it confirms the name tag followed by a tone. If the name tag is correct, say "Yes". The system responds with "OK, calling, <name tag>" and dials the number. If the name tag is not correct, say "No". The system will ask for the name tag to be re-entered.

Once connected, the person called will be heard through the audio speakers.

Using the Re-dial Command

2. After the tone, say "Re-dial". The system responds with "Re-dial using <phone name>" and dials the last number called from the connected Bluetooth phone.

Once connected, the person called will be heard through the audio speakers.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss8-2000385">

Receiving a Call

When an incoming call is received, the audio system mutes and a ring tone is heard in the vehicle.

• Press and begin speaking to answer the call.

• Press to ignore a call.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss9-2000385">

Call Waiting

Call waiting must be supported on the Bluetooth phone and enabled by the wireless service carrier to work.

• Press to answer an incoming call when another call is active. The original call is placed on hold.

• Press again to return to the original call.

• To ignore the incoming call, continue with the original call with no action.

• Press to disconnect the current call and switch to the call on hold.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss10-2000385">

Three-Way Calling

Three-Way Calling must be supported on the Bluetooth phone and enabled by the wireless service carrier to work.

1. <LI type=1>While on a call press . The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Three-way call". The system responds with "Three-way call, please say dial or call". <LI type=1>Use the dial or call command to dial the number of the third party to be called.
  2. Once the call is connected, press to link all the callers together.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss11-2000385">

Ending a Call

Press to end a call.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss12-2000385">

Muting a Call

During a call, all sounds from inside the vehicle can be muted so that the person on the other end of the call cannot hear them.

To Mute a call

1. <LI type=1>Press . The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone.
  2. Say "Mute Call". The system responds with "Call muted".

To Cancel Mute

2. After the tone, say "Mute Call". The system responds with "Resuming call".

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss13-2000385">

Transferring a Call

Audio can be transferred between the in-vehicle Bluetooth system and the cell phone.

To Transfer Audio to the Cell Phone

During a call with the audio in the vehicle:

2. Say "Transfer Call." The system responds with "Transferring call" and the audio will switch from the vehicle to the cell phone.

To Transfer Audio to the In-Vehicle Bluetooth System

The cellular phone must be paired and connected with the Bluetooth system before a call can be transferred. The connection process can take up to two minutes after the key is turned to the ON/RUN or ACC/ACCESSORY position.

During a call with the audio on the cell phone, press for more than two seconds. The audio switches from the cell phone to the vehicle.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss14-2000385">

Voice Pass-Thru

Voice Pass-Thru allows access to the voice recognition commands on the cell phone. See the cell phone manufacturers user guide to see if the cell phone supports this feature. This feature can be used to verbally access contacts stored in the cell phone.

2. Say "Voice". The system responds with "OK, accessing <phone name>".

The cell phone's normal prompt messages will go through its cycle according to the phone's operating instructions.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss15-2000385">

Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) Tones

The in-vehicle Bluetooth system can send numbers and numbers stored as name tags during a call. This is used when calling a menu driven phone system. Account numbers can be programmed into the phonebook for retrieval during menu driven calls.

Sending a Number During a Call

1. <LI type=1>Press . The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Dial". The system responds with "Say a number to send tones" followed by a tone.
  2. Say the number to send.

If the system clearly recognizes the number it responds with "OK, Sending Number" and the dial tones are sent and the call continues.

If the system is not sure it recognized the number properly, it responds "Dial Number, Please say yes or no?" followed by a tone. If the number is correct, say "Yes". The system responds with "OK, Sending Number" and the dial tones are sent and the call continues.

Sending a Stored Name Tag During a Call

1. <LI type=1>Press . The system responds with "Ready" followed by a tone. <LI type=1>Say "Send name tag." The system responds with "Say a name tag to send tones" followed by a tone.
  2. Say the name tag to send.

If the system clearly recognizes the name tag it responds with "OK, Sending <name tag>" and the dial tones are sent and the call continues.

If the system is not sure it recognized the name tag properly, it responds "Dial <name tag>, Please say yes or no?" followed by a tone. If the name tag is correct, say "Yes". The system responds with "OK, Sending <name tag>" and the dial tones are sent and the call continues.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss16-2000385">

Clearing the System

Unless information is deleted out of the in-vehicle Bluetooth system, it will be retained indefinitely. This includes all saved name tags in the phonebook and phone pairing information. For information on how to delete this information, see the above sections on Deleting a Paired Phone and Deleting Name Tags.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2000385&pubCellSyskey=169332&pubObjSyskey=2000385&from=sm&cellId=169332#ss17-2000385">

Other Information

The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth® SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by General Motors is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.

This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:

1. <LI type=1>This device may not cause harmful interference.
  2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.

This device complies with RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:

1. <LI type=1>This device may not cause interference.
  2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.

Changes or modifications to this system by other than an authorized service facility could void authorization to use this equipment.

I added blue tooth from an 09 to my 07. can get you the factory gm parts to add it to your gmt900 trucks. my cost at the dealer ship with the vcim, bluetooth antenna, and new buttons for the steering wheel with phone pictures on them is about $300.00 and it will have to be programmed. then it will work just like factory 09. all you need to have is factory onstar and steering wheel controls.

07crewsierra, this is is great news. I have a 2008 bose nav unit and have been waiting for someone to try the VCIM upgrade as this seemed to be a feasible solution. You mention that you can supply the parts for around $300? How do I go about making this purchase? Also, what would I communicate to the dealer, after I install the components, that it needs to be programmed? What do they do? Is this simply to program the new vicm or do they specifically need to program it for a 2009 with bluetooth? Thanks.

I am interested in this as well. Is $300 for the parts only? How much will programming cost? Is there something for the dealer to reference (when I had my dealer program for the rearview camera, they took forever finding out how to do it).

the phone number shows up in you dic whether you have nav or not, the thing I really like is that if your radio is cranked up and you blower motor is turned on high and someone calls you it will turn the radio off and also turn the blower motor to low.

Archived