Heated Seat Kit - 17803282

First post for me. Reinkernation it has to be below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for them to turn on.

The kit instructions blowwww. Me and 2 Honda/Acura master techs found this kit to be little ridiculous. The wire harness is freaking huge. Dealer had no idea how to program BCM and had to call tech line which added the rpo and then re downloaded configuration. Charged me 1 hour ($130)

Took us about 4 hours to do on Sunday.

If you have ?'s please ask since its fresh in my head.

Went into a 2012 crew 1500 with bucket seats

Awesome thanks for the quick reply, ive had them installed for about 7 months months now itll be the first winter., I did them myself the shops here in Vancouver had no problem doing the programming ive been waiting for it to get cold enough to see if they turn on, it hasnt dropped below 32f (0C) here yet, hopefully they work. Again thanks for the help!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

For those of you guys who have installed the factory kit, does your truck have RPO code A95? I bought the kit and had the heating elements installed the same time I was getting new Katzkins. I called a few dealers to get some quotes for them to finish up the wiring/electrical and one of them refused to do the work because my truck doesn't have RPO code A95 as the kit requires. The other RPO code that is needed is AZ3, which I do have.

What is A95? The description for A95 lists it as: A95 : SEAT, FRT BUCKET, HIGH BACK, PASS & DRIVER RECL. The dealer described it as some kind of bracket and that this kit probably wouldn't work because they'd need to splice wires.

I have the buckets with the center jump seat and my drivers seat is power. I don't think I have anything unusual.

I'm pretty frustrated, because the driver and pass seats are the only ones I paid an installer to do...seems like money down the drain if I have to yank out the elements because the kit won't work.

Help and thanks in advance.

Looks like A95 is a power driver and passenger seat plus center console...shoot! I can understand why the factory kit won't work now as I don't have a power passenger seat. The heating elements were manufactured by WET and as I understand there are a few aftermarket companies that utilize them. I'll see what I can come up with, but I'll probably have to yank out the factory elements in the end :(

Power seats or not shouldn't have anything to do with the heated seat kit UNLESS there is a bracket missing to mount something or wire tie something to. The dealership can't work around that of course. If you do the work yourself you may still not be out of the woods because you still need a dealership to tell the BCM the heated seat controller is present and to 'activate' it. I am thinking that when a dealership goes to tell the BCM the heated seats are present that the programmer may 'see' the A95' present and prevent the programming. Sound plausible to anyone else?

I had an '09 that had the center jump seat and only a power driver seat and it had factory heated seats with no issues. I dont think a power passenger seat should matter. You might want to try a different dealer.

After doing some additional research, I think the dealer must have been a little confused and in turn confused me too. I looked up RPO AZ3 and this is the code for the 40/20/40 split front bench seat. When the dealer looked up my VIN, he said I had RPO AZ3, but was was lacking A95...duh! How can I have both?

Wish I knew what the codes meant when I was on the phone. I was thinking that the A95 had a power pass seat wiring harness that the seat heater kit plugs into, but from hearing from you guys that is not the case.

I decided not to deal with these guys and got a quote from another dealer to do all the wiring...They said it's a 4 hour job without doing the heater elements. I think it sounds fair. I'm having them hook me up Monday.

After doing some additional research, I think the dealer must have been a little confused and in turn confused me too. I looked up RPO AZ3 and this is the code for the 40/20/40 split front bench seat. When the dealer looked up my VIN, he said I had RPO AZ3, but was was lacking A95...duh! How can I have both?

Wish I knew what the codes meant when I was on the phone. I was thinking that the A95 had a power pass seat wiring harness that the seat heater kit plugs into, but from hearing from you guys that is not the case.

I decided not to deal with these guys and got a quote from another dealer to do all the wiring...They said it's a 4 hour job without doing the heater elements. I think it sounds fair. I'm having them hook me up Monday.

If you are not comfortable with the wiring, then sounds like a good plan! +1 on the confused dealership, the one I went to for programming could not figure it out. I pretty much found the menu choice in their software and showed the tech....

• 3 months later...

I just finished the seat heater install and couldn't have done it with out the previous comments! The GM directions are poor at best and the project would be a nightmare if they were the only source of info. If anyone attempts this project in the future, I made a "word" document with some of the info that others have included and some of my photos and experiences. If you need a copy just message me.

Just wondering if you still have any of the photos and directions, tips and hints for install that you could email me.

• 1 year later...

We have a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 WT. We installed this factory heated seat kit and taken it to the dealership. They have no clue about what needs to be done as far as the programming. They can not find the control module with the scan tool. Any ideas? We also have triple checked the our install. All the wires are in their correct spots and the ground wire is grounded.

We have a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 WT. We installed this factory heated seat kit and taken it to the dealership. They have no clue about what needs to be done as far as the programming. They can not find the control module with the scan tool. Any ideas? We also have triple checked the our install. All the wires are in their correct spots and the ground wire is grounded.

The bcm may need a program call gm or try another dealer. It should work

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have instructions or remember how the dealership programmed the heated seat kit? I installed the kit in my '10 SLE Sierra and am taking it into the dealer to be programmed. I just want to make sure I have any an all info incase they come back and tell me they can't figure it out. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived