E-85 Refueling Events

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Saw it for $3.03 elsewhere in Jackson yesterday. Still not quite enough cheaper to justify it. The place closer to me is still at $3.39 and 87 is like $3.55 I think. 16 cent difference is weak.

E85 may cost more per mile (for now) even though it costs less per gallon, but I think it is a mistake to market e85 as a cheap alternative to gasoline. It should be marketed as a better fuel that is worth spending a bit more on. Premium gasoline averages 30 cents more a gallon then regular but it isn't any better then regular and everyone is fine with that. E85 on the other hand keeps your engine clean actually allows it to run to its full potential and costs less, but most hate it. That is a true testimony to the power of big oils lies.

E85 may cost more per mile (for now) even though it costs less per gallon, but I think it is a mistake to market e85 as a cheap alternative to gasoline. It should be marketed as a better fuel that is worth spending a bit more on. Premium gasoline averages 30 cents more a gallon then regular but it isn't any better then regular and everyone is fine with that. E85 on the other hand keeps your engine clean actually allows it to run to its full potential and costs less, but most hate it. That is a true testimony to the power of big oils lies.

Honestly my biggest issue is the crappy range on E85. I love how it runs but you can't drive very far and on a trip even here in the midwest it can be tough to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn the Meijer here is ripping people off I guess. I think there is another E85 station somewhere in Jackson, I remember seeing it when I dropped off the UHaul trailer I used to move out here. Too bad I have no idea where I saw it now though. I'll have to look it up I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, measly 295 hp... :thumbs:

I love it though. I got to drive the 310 hp version one day (identically equipped 06 Chevy) and I couldn't really tell any difference. I guess both versions being rated the same for torque probably has something to do with it.

• 11 months later...

Hmmmm, E85 going for $2.99 with Unleaded at $3.69 so it's almost 20% cheaper per gallon...might just give a try this summer-didn't have any problems with it back in 2008 when we ran our Tahoe on it for 3 mos when Unleaded was going for $3.95...

Archived