Best All-terrain Tires

So I got my 285/70/17 firestone destination A/T's put on today and was wondering if i had made the right choice...... I was considering BFGoodrich AT KO but they supposedly werent as comfortable, and I really don't need something that aggresive. Please comment about your A/T tire experiences. :sigh:

Guess the ride feel is dependent on the driver, but to me my 285/65 BFGs ride a lot better than my stock 265/65 Bridgestone Duellers. I considered switching to a different brand this time around but I've always had great success with my BFGs, never been stuck and they don't slide in the rain unless I'm really hammering the throttle.

I love (and won't run anything but) my Goodyear's,I've had Wrangler AT/S's on the last three trucks I've had.

There quiet,smooth,great in the rain and snow,and I always get 50-60k out of them.

^^Those are good tires, the best set I had were Bridgestone Dueller A/T REVO's...awesome in the snow and ice!

Yes, but once they start to get worn down, MAN to they suck bad.

I like my 'all terrains' :lol:

post-35072-1210428631_thumb.jpg

i just bought a set of nitto terra grapplers they have a nice aggressive tread, was going to get bfg all terrains but the nittos were $300 cheaper.

yea but BFG's will outlast nittos by far. Nitto's are a very soft compound...but as for my BFG's I love them I have had two different sizes and I will never choose another all-terrain.

Well, as far as All Terrain tires go, BFG's are the more popular AT for a reason. Nitto's are OK for the $$$, Firestones are OK on the street, not so good anywhere else, and anything with Goodyear on the side is pretty much crap. I demand nothing but the best for the tires I run with - whether it's all-season, max performance, or A/T. :lol:

anything with Goodyear on the side is pretty much crap.

Not any of mine,Goodyear's all I've run for 15 years,I've had Wrangler TD's,RT/S's,and AT/S's,and I've had great luck and excellent wear with all of them :lol:

I also have Goodyear Assurance ComforTred's on my Saturn...They are a nice,smooth,excellent wearing tire for passenger cars,and they do great in the rain!!

I wouldn't run anything but Goodyear's :lol:

Archived