"undercover" Tonneu Cover

Just bought the "Undercover" Tonneu cover for my 05 Sierra - so far I love it! I looked at getting a retractable cover, but wanted something that was easy to remove. Looked at the "tri-fold" covers, which are nice, but I wanted something a little cheaper.

I saw the Undercover at a truck accessory store, and loved it! The ABS plastic seems very durable, and matches my other plastic parts on my truck exactly (i.e. bumper cover, door handles etc.) Some of the other lower profile fiberglass covers, I'll admit, look a bit nicer / more classy... but for the price ($675 out the door) I figured I couldn't go wrong. The nice thing, is that it only weighs 60lbs, so it's easy to remove / reinstall by myself (about 2 minutes). Check it out if you're in the market!!

One thing I did learn through my shopping experience... SHOP AROUND!! I was really suprised at how many shops were willing to drop the price 10-15% to make the sale! Find a price online, then take it to your local accessory shop and see if they'll match it.

• 1 year later...

Archived