Photo
- - - - -

Cd Player Won't Eject

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 BillH

BillH

Enthusiast

• 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

I tried using my stock cd player for the first time. It played ok, but it won't eject the cd. When I press the eject button, it makes a clikcking sound for about 10 seconds then stops. The cd can be seen inside the opening, but seems stuck. Anyone else have a similar problem?

#2 Jackson

Jackson

Enthusiast

• 527 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:08 PM

I'd pull the unit and take off the casing to get to the CD if you must have it. the gears that control the ejection may have gotten off or the unit may be dirty inside. When you get the unit out and unscrew the casing to get to the internal part of the unit, leave it plugged in and try to pop the CD back in and watch the gears to see if they are operating properly. if not, the unit may have gotten dirty in there or it's fubbared. you can pick up a new stock head unit on ebay for around 50-100 bucks depending on the quality.

I'd just take it out and get you a good headunit that will play IPOD or MP3 units though.

Edited by Jackson, 30 May 2008 - 03:09 PM.

1999 GMC Sierra Z71 (NBS)
2005 Lexus GX470

#3 98silvz71

98silvz71

Enthusiast

• 955 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

I tried using my stock cd player for the first time. It played ok, but it won't eject the cd. When I press the eject button, it makes a clikcking sound for about 10 seconds then stops. The cd can be seen inside the opening, but seems stuck. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Yes, my future father in laws 05 Silvy did it. It will accept cd's but will not eject them. I tried taking it apart, cleaning all the gears, and trying to make it eject with no success. I just gave him my stock radio from my 04. Honestly if you get one from a dealer, they are mostly refurbed ones. I would put my money into an aftermarket radio if I was you.

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT CC/SB 4x4

2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD

2004 2500HD D/A 4x4 CC/SB - Gone But Not Forgotten
'06 Powerdome Hood and Grille | '06 Trailer Mirrors | Edge Juice/Attitude | Magnaflow 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust | Bilstein HD Shocks | BFG A/T KO 285/75/R16 | BakFlip Tonneau Cover

#4 donq

donq

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

In my case... I have the CD changer (6). It will not respond, it will not eject cd, it just says CHANGER FULL and EJECTING CD but the gears do not turn and there is not any action...

WHAT DO I DO???

#5 donq

donq

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

OK.... it was indeed a defective radio and the dealer stated it was under warranty and they would replace free of charge....