Pics Of Your H.d

@ anteater :

It´s your choice whate make you go with..as long as you´re happy and satisfied...

I would like to know how does the Dodge compare to the Sierra?? Quality? How does it feel on the street? Is it a Cummins?

Thx

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Truck

med_gallery_496_1651_155549.jpg

med_gallery_496_1651_52308.jpg

New Truck

gallery_496_1652_269942.jpg

That sure is a purty truck! Does it have 4.10 gears or 3.73?

I hope I don't regret that.

Keep us posted on it, with fuel mileage and towing.

I get 12 in town.

I took an hour highway trip this past weekend and got 15 mpg.

Headed to the deer lease this weekend which is 2.5 hours away, I'll see what that gets me. Might be worse with the hills of the Texas Hill Country.

I kinda wish I could have bought a 6' bed. I also dont like the rear driveshaft support bushings on these long trucks. Oh well more room for cargo. And it has the fifth wheel wiring harness still zip tied to the frame.

0115011644.jpg

0115011641.jpg

I kinda wish I could have bought a 6' bed. I also dont like the rear driveshaft support bushings on these long trucks. Oh well more room for cargo. And it has the fifth wheel wiring harness still zip tied to the frame.

0115011644.jpg

0115011641.jpg

why is there a 4x4 sticker on 1 side? but thats an awesome truck

"why is there a 4x4 sticker on 1 side? but thats an awesome truck"

Thanks. I bought it in Jan with 213K, now 230K. I dont know why the sticker is on one side not the other. Everything is original as far as I can tell. It was a one owner from an older guy a town over, I have never contacted him though. It needs the usual stuff like bushings and tie rod ends. It also has the steering column jolt. Doesnt bother me too bad yet. I will fix things slowly, about to graduate in Aug. I plan to buy a fuel efficient car though when I get a job. I bought this truck because the price was right, I need a truck to haul my 24' trailer and its more comfortable than a 95 toyota (sold).

The PO had a rack on the bed and no liner so the paint is all scratched but that can be fixed. I have noticed that most of the welds inside the bed are broken. I read somewhere that the beds are supposed to be reinforced when a rack is installed. Oh well, it still goes strong. Ill drop in a new engine when it needs it. I try to take good care of my stuff. I even use the same brand oil (GTX) that the used car dealership said the PO used.(the service guy used to work on the truck) No sense in changing the oil brand at this high mileage, at least thats what I believe in doing. Otherwise it would be mobil 1.

@ anteater :

It´s your choice whate make you go with..as long as you´re happy and satisfied...

I would like to know how does the Dodge compare to the Sierra?? Quality? How does it feel on the street? Is it a Cummins?

Thx

yeah it really was hard to step away from my gm trucks!its all i have ever owned but we have a family owned electrical contracting business so we still have quite a few gms in the fleet including 2 2010's and between my vehicles my families plus business we must own a minimum of 15 gms!this the only off brand and like I said thought I would try something different and really it gives me a chance to compare the ram to our gms.honestly my first impressions of the ram are very good,one thing i don't like is the headlights ,they are way brighter on the gm,other than that I am really enjoying it but the real test will be how it is holding up after 80000km!

and this one has the 5.7 hemi,power is amazing! ride and handling I would say are very similar,I added a set of TIMBRENS to the rear end to pick it back up after installing my tool boxes so it returns it to a factory stance!something I never have had to ever do to my gm!but all in all I am really enjoying driving something different but the test is yet to come.

Archived