Incab Air Filter

Well, I'm not sure but our 03 Burb did have an in cab air filter. But I never got around to replacing it.

I think they stopped putting them in trucks when they went to dual air. I am sticking to my story untill MS3DALE says different,

Don

Well, I'm not sure but our 03 Burb did have an in cab air filter. But I never got around to replacing it.

I think they stopped putting them in trucks when they went to dual air. I am sticking to my story untill MS3DALE says different,

Don

:lol: Good point, I was just going off what the manual said. MS3DALE save the day!! :D

I have a 04 silverado crew cab, when I bought it the sticker says it has the incab filter. Does anyone know were it is located and how to tell if the truck has it or not?

Nope,You do not have an in-cab air filter...(I had an '04 myself)

Don

:lol: Good point, I was just going off what the manual said. MS3DALE save the day!! :D

Well guys.I can answer for sure that '04-up trucks do not have an in-cab filter,And '99-'02 do have an in-cab filter.

However '03 seems to be the questionable year....The parts catalog lists one for '03,But only to fit extended-cabs,crew-cabs & the Avalanche's,and only with the manual A/C system (RPO CJ3) and floor console (RPO D07)

It does NOT list one for regular-cabs,Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon's,trucks with the automatic A/C system (RPO CJ2) or trucks without the floor console (RPO D07)

I can tell you that my buddy has an '03 extended-cab "LT" with the automatic A/C system (RPO CJ2) and floor console (D07) and his does not have an in-cab filter.

So it looks like some '03s have them and some don't.Best thing to do for them is to physically look for one.

Does anybody know of a guide on how to replace these cabin air filters? I remember seeing a good one on here a while back but for some reason I can't find it.

This is from http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179020 (post #8):

For those who need to change the cabin air filters 2000-2003 or 4? only. Obtain a 1/4" drive ratchet, small extension, 7mm and 5.5 mm sockets, small flashlight, and a vacuum with hose. Put some sort of temporary mat or bag on the passenger side floor to catch debris. Move the seat all the way back for under dash inspection and acess. The large black plastic dash under cover is secured by three 7mm screws along the front and hooks in the back. Only loosen the left most screw under the radio about 3-4 turns as it is nearly impossible to put back into place if removed. Remove the center and right screws and lay the sheild down still hanging on the left hand screw. On the now exposed HVAC box about half way between the door and center console you'll see a removable panel with 2- 5.5mm screws. It's about 2" wide and runs on the bottom from back to front then up the front about 4-5". Take the panel off and behind it are the filters. The first one is exposed and the 2nd is just above it. Wiggle them out taking note of their positions. Use a shop vac or similar to suck up all the dust and debris that will still be in the compartment and fall onto the sheild and floor. Install the new filters by sliding them into place making sure the foam applied to thier edges will seal against the walls of the box. Now just reinstall the covers.

With it done start the truck and kick on the A/C and be amazed at the difference. I'll never go more than 2 years between filters again.

Vernon

My 2003 Yukon does not have an in-cabin air filter.

yes it does..........however it's inside the dash and you have to pull the dash apart to get to it. ask my how I know? :D I replaced the two filter elements in my '99 GMC Sierra (NBS) and at the same time bought the the one big filter element for my 2003 Yukon. when I got home I noticed it wasn't the same configuration so I went to the dealer to look at the drawing and ask them. they said you have to pull the dash apart to replace the filter which is absolute bullshit IMO.

our Yukon has gotten some kind of mildew from the moisture on the filter (you can put your hand through the compartment next to the blower motor to actually touch the element) and it makes the AC at times smell a little. The dealer told me what they do is spray a mildew smell remover in with the blower motor on and that's usually how they fix it. otherwise it's expensive as hell for all the labor involved to pull the dash apart and do it.

Archived