Truck Camper For A Crew Cab Truck

Does anybody have a Full size(Crew cab) and put a truck camper on. Wondering if one will fit in the bed of my truck(pic of truck is below), and if I need to beef up the suspension.

Getting tired of sleeping on the ground in the tent. And since I pull the boat, there is no way to get a camper(unless I buy another truck and teach the wife how to drive :troll: )

Does anybody have a Full size(Crew cab) and put a truck camper on. Wondering if one will fit in the bed of my truck(pic of truck is below), and if I need to beef up the suspension.

Getting tired of sleeping on the ground in the tent. And since I pull the boat, there is no way to get a camper(unless I buy another truck and teach the wife how to drive :troll: )

You could always go with one of these.

http://www.premiermotoring.net/cgi-bin/web...ml?p_catid=1186

Don't think you can put a slide-in in the back and still be able to pull the boat, would probable overload it. Most slide-in's would overload it anyways.

If it's a half-ton truck, I wouldn't recommend putting a truck camper in it. Your OEM tires are too light-duty, your suspension isn't adequate, and the brakes wouldn't be adequate for stopping. Adding the boat behind it would be more than the truck was built for. Hell, my dad has a 1-ton dually crew cab that he hauls a 12-foot truck camper in, and the MOST he pulls behind that is a little utility trailer that has a few things for setting up his deer camp (put the deer in it, tree stand, tarps, saws, axe, shovel, extra fuel cans/propane tanks, etc. etc.). He won't pull more behind it because he had to custom-make a tow bar to move the hitch ball back to where the trailer would still attach. A boat would be out of the question, even a little steel/aluminum fishing boat.

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. Oh well, will just have to sleep on the ground till I get enough money to buy a boat that I can sleep in.

Dad, that tent looks nice, saw one on display at Cabela's last summer, unfortunately the wife would not go for it, to small for her.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Damn, not what I wanted to hear. Oh well, will just have to sleep on the ground till I get enough money to buy a boat that I can sleep in.

Dad, that tent looks nice, saw one on display at Cabela's last summer, unfortunately the wife would not go for it, to small for her.

Just a suggestion but why not just add a truck cap, bed rug, and a couple sleeping bags? I'd consider that more comfortable than a tent to be honest.

I feel your pain, I sold my 2500HD in which a carried a SWEET 10' camper w/slide out and pulled the boat. Now I have to do one or the other, pull the boat or pull the travel trailer. I just couldn't take driving that HD every day.

Just a suggestion but why not just add a truck cap, bed rug, and a couple sleeping bags? I'd consider that more comfortable than a tent to be honest.

Yeah, if you're 5 feet tall. :troll:

yupers. that's what I have.

This was out at Frank S's (Admin) folks house right after I bought the truck a couple of years ago.

truck_tent_1.jpg

Truck_tent_2.jpg

Truck_tent_3.jpg

All Aboard, Bitches! The Ruff Life is headed out again tomorrow morning. See You all Monday!

You suck Daddy!!! My boat hasn't even been in the water yet this year since we have been having the absolute WORST spring I have ever seen in my 42 years. And there is still no end to this crap in sight. Storms in the forecast everyday through mid-week next week. :troll:

I should have just left the goddamn thing stored. It's already June and the water temps are still in the 50's.

i have a truck tent like that. i LOVE the thing. get one of the truck bed mattresses to go with it and its instant hotel room. best investment i did since buying my truck

Archived