2003 Silverado A/c Not Working

mikemunce

Question

Hello,

My 2003 Silverdo A/C only blows hot air and only works at the highest setting, which is 5. Settings 1 through 4 don't even work now. I am the original owner of the 2003 Silverado 1500 work truck (V-6) with only 56,000 miles and have a serious a/c issue(s) here in Florida! Anyone have any ideas on what I need to have done?

Thanks a ton,

-Mike

0 answers to this question

Check your resistor, it's probably fried

Is it warm air? like if you turned off the AC and blowing cool? or is it hot

I have a similar problem with my 05 Silverado fan motor. The fan speed control stopped responding all of the sudden, so I located the resistor and noticed that the wiring harness was melted. Can you tell me where to locate a replacement harness for the resistor, or are they sold together as one Item, I haven't been able to find anything at my local auto parts store. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

ssmith

Steve,

The only connector that comes w/ the module is the one going to the fan motor itself. If you need the 7 (I think that's correct) pin connector you'll have to purchase it separately from the dealer or one of the other places I suggested....btw, it's www.gmpartsdirect.com. The resistor module should be P/N 89019089.

Blower only works on high, you will need to replace the Blower Motor Control Module or also called Linear Power Module (LPM). You may also have to replace the connector.

the part # for the Blower Motor Control Module should be 89018964

Far as the warm air only replace the module 1st and make sure the snow flake light is on the Hvac Controler. If you still have no A/C then you may be low on freon, bad A/C Compressor, Hvac Controler problem or some thing else going on.

The air coming out of it is warm, it never cools. Its been 95 to 97 degrees here this past week, so you can imagine how hot the air is that comes out of the vents (for both zones) and how hot it is in the truck with the windows down just for some sort of air.

Would a fried resistor stop the first 4 blower settings from not working? Like I stated, only the highest HVAC setting (5) works and blows out hot Florida air.

Hey guys...I'm new here. I have a 03 Silverado and I've replaced everything but the compressor, a/c control module and condenser. It blows but not cold and then it starts to blow cold for a few then stops again. Anyone have this problem or know what it could be.

I have a similar problem with my 05 Silverado fan motor. The fan speed control stopped responding all of the sudden, so I located the resistor and noticed that the wiring harness was melted. Can you tell me where to locate a replacement harness for the resistor, or are they sold together as one Item, I haven't been able to find anything at my local auto parts store. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

ssmith

Thanks.

ssmith

The wiring harness should be attached to the module on your truck. If the adjoining connector is melted as well you can get it from your local dealer, www.gmpartdirect.com or even www.rockauto.com can supply you with the part.

The air coming out of it is warm, it never cools. Its been 95 to 97 degrees here this past week, so you can imagine how hot the air is that comes out of the vents (for both zones) and how hot it is in the truck with the windows down just for some sort of air.

Would a fried resistor stop the first 4 blower settings from not working? Like I stated, only the highest HVAC setting (5) works and blows out hot Florida air.

As the guys above stated.....replace your module.....it's been a common problem in these trucks and has been discussed here many times. You never did say if your compressor was kicking in or not either as far as the "hot" air goes....can you hear it cycling?

Archived