Oem Torque Specs

Those of you with factory service manuals for a 1500 Silverado for any year from 99 through 03 (rear disk brakes) can one of you lookup the torque specifications for the rear caliper mounting bracket bolts (2) and the caliper stud bolts(2)? My factory service manuals are at my house and I'm stranded at a buddy's house until my rear brakes go back together...

Thanks.

Hey Man,

When I did mine. I just did them up as tight as I could physically do them by hand. No Torque wrench. That was 3 years ago and still stopping fine to this day.... I'd just throw them on and be done with it...

-Evan

Hey Man,

When I did mine. I just did them up as tight as I could physically do them by hand. No Torque wrench. That was 3 years ago and still stopping fine to this day.... I'd just throw them on and be done with it...

-Evan

That's how I do 'em. Go till it's tight, then give it one last push. :withstupid:

Those of you with factory service manuals for a 1500 Silverado for any year from 99 through 03 (rear disk brakes) can one of you lookup the torque specifications for the rear caliper mounting bracket bolts (2) and the caliper stud bolts(2)? My factory service manuals are at my house and I'm stranded at a buddy's house until my rear brakes go back together...

Thanks.

Service manual for my 02 states:

Brake Caliper Mounting Bolt Rear - 15 series - 31 ft lb

Caliper Mounting Bracket Bolt Rear - JC5/JH5 - 148 ft lb, JH6 - 122 ft lb, JH7 - 221 ft lb, NYS - 148 ft lb.

Check your codes in your glove box to determine which code is correct on the caliper mounting bracket bolts.

Thanks.

Service manual for my 02 states:

Brake Caliper Mounting Bolt Rear - 15 series - 31 ft lb

Caliper Mounting Bracket Bolt Rear - JC5/JH5 - 148 ft lb, JH6 - 122 ft lb, JH7 - 221 ft lb, NYS - 148 ft lb.

Check your codes in your glove box to determine which code is correct on the caliper mounting bracket bolts.

Thanks John. I appreciate the help!

Archived