New In Gm Forum

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 weymard

weymard

Enthusiast

• 588 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:08 AM

To receive in France not so hard, I bought a silverado used certified to Chevrolet dealer , find a forwarder, (easy with the web !). But the difficulties are to approve by French authority of transport. This vehicle is not imported OFFICIALY in Europe, I have to make many officials tests and controls for brakes, radio electric, noise, emission, safety etc... French bureaucracy ! :D :D

But it was all worth it! :fume:

:D Yes, it is so pleasant to drive it :D
Posted Image

#17 sand man

sand man

Enthusiast

• 853 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:43 AM

the forum became global

welcom
;D ,,<thank god you didnt buy a ford or a dodge
coming soon
Posted Image
red =done , blue = not done , green= in the process
ditching the RODEOgetting a truck,KNN CAI,RC 3inch lift kit,bigger tires,some sort of debadging,flow master duals,tenting,faceal sand protiction,bed liner

#18 weymard

weymard

Enthusiast

• 588 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

i bough a dodge ram last years, I sale it after a long trip across Europe and Russia. But my Silverado is best, very best
Posted Image

#19 Nipa

Nipa

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

To receive in France not so hard, I bought a silverado used certified to Chevrolet dealer , find a forwarder, (easy with the web !). But the difficulties are to approve by French authority of transport. This vehicle is not imported OFFICIALY in Europe, I have to make many officials tests and controls for brakes, radio electric, noise, emission, safety etc... French bureaucracy ! :fume: :fume:

What? Testing radio electric? :uhoh:
Did your truck require lots of modifications (e-mark lights, e-marked glass, fog light etc)?
Garage:
- 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax (to come)
- 1969 Corvette blk coupe 427/390 (project)
- 1971 Corvette wht coupe Sb (restored)
- 1988 Corvette blk coupe (for sale)

#20 weymard

weymard

Enthusiast

• 588 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

To receive in France not so hard, I bought a silverado used certified to Chevrolet dealer , find a forwarder, (easy with the web !). But the difficulties are to approve by French authority of transport. This vehicle is not imported OFFICIALLY in Europe, I have to make many officials tests and controls for brakes, radio electric, noise, emission, safety etc... French bureaucracy ! :fume: :lol:

What? Testing radio electric? :uhoh:
Did your truck require lots of modifications (e-mark lights, e-marked glass, fog light etc)?

Radio electric, yes for electricity parasitic , remote and the satellite radio xm and onestar (which do not work in Europe :fume: but they tested them)
add a rear red fog light, separation between rear brake lights and rear turn lights, modify color of all turn lights in "orange" (European standard) , and I have a good luck my tires was rated E and the control thought that it was "E" for Europe :lol: :lol: , for e-marked lights and glass they control if it exist in European standards, as not they control the shape and make a infringement.
Posted Image

#21 Nipa

Nipa

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

To receive in France not so hard, I bought a silverado used certified to Chevrolet dealer , find a forwarder, (easy with the web !). But the difficulties are to approve by French authority of transport. This vehicle is not imported OFFICIALLY in Europe, I have to make many officials tests and controls for brakes, radio electric, noise, emission, safety etc... French bureaucracy ! :sigh: :lol:

What? Testing radio electric? :thumbs:

Radio electric, yes for electricity parasitic , remote and the satellite radio xm and onestar (which do not work in Europe :tear: but they tested them)
add a rear red fog light, separation between rear brake lights and rear turn lights, modify color of all turn lights in "orange" (European standard) , and I have a good luck my tires was rated E and the control thought that it was "E" for Europe :D :P , for e-marked lights and glass they control if it exist in European standards, as not they control the shape and make a infringement.

Yea, just great to have all these regulations! Only that in here 2500-series truck must be registered as "heavy vehicle" and therefore get a speed limiter! Max. speed 80 km/h :D (got 2500 instead of 1500 because insurance, taxes etc. are cheaper).

Nice truck you have :thumbs:
Garage:
- 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax (to come)
- 1969 Corvette blk coupe 427/390 (project)
- 1971 Corvette wht coupe Sb (restored)
- 1988 Corvette blk coupe (for sale)

#22 weymard

weymard

Enthusiast

• 588 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:52 AM

To receive in France not so hard, I bought a silverado used certified to Chevrolet dealer , find a forwarder, (easy with the web !). But the difficulties are to approve by French authority of transport. This vehicle is not imported OFFICIALLY in Europe, I have to make many officials tests and controls for brakes, radio electric, noise, emission, safety etc... French bureaucracy ! :sigh: :lol:

What? Testing radio electric? :thumbs:

Radio electric, yes for electricity parasitic , remote and the satellite radio xm and onestar (which do not work in Europe :tear: but they tested them)
add a rear red fog light, separation between rear brake lights and rear turn lights, modify color of all turn lights in "orange" (European standard) , and I have a good luck my tires was rated E and the control thought that it was "E" for Europe :P :lol: , for e-marked lights and glass they control if it exist in European standards, as not they control the shape and make a infringement.

Yea, just great to have all these regulations! Only that in here 2500-series truck must be registered as "heavy vehicle" and therefore get a speed limiter! Max. speed 80 km/h :D (got 2500 instead of 1500 because insurance, taxes etc. are cheaper).

Nice truck you have :thumbs:

Thanks, it WAS a very nice truck, but I sold it last month , I order a 2008 lariat diesel F450 to carry my camper with more load capacity, the 2008 3500 GM duramax ltz was too expensive for me , very sad .... But I will see the Ford, other expérience....
Here it same thing than you : 2500 is heavy vehicle up to 3500kg with speed limit and technical control each year :D !! With the f450 (or a 2500) I need a license driver C.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users