Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Removing Warning Label On Interior Sun Visor ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 miramballer

miramballer

Enthusiast

• 173 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

Ok i have been searching for an answer on this forum for quite some time and cant find the answer .. I have peeled the driver side seatbelt warning sticker off my sun visor on the interior but it left all kinds of glue and residue behind .. wondering if anyone has removed theres and knows of a good/easy way to peel the other sticker off the passenger side and how to get the left over residue off .. thanks Stephen

Posted Image

#2 Zembonez

Zembonez

Senior Enthusiast

• Truck of the Year
  • 18,072 posts
  • Name:Jim
  • Drives:GMC Sierra

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

They are intentionally made to be non-removable. Automakers are instructed to make all government warning labels "tamper resistant". I haven't tried it myself but some in here have said that a hair dryer will soften the glue and help make the removal clean. Like I say though... I haven't tried it. I didn't want to end up with a giant glue spot sunvisor.

a3-15-20124-07-34PM_0043acopy_zpsd6a10ce

FOUNDER of the RED TRUCK CLUB .

#3 Z71chev

Z71chev

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,450 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

one question ....Why??
Posted Image
Black 2007 Silverado Crew Cab GMT-900 1500 Z71 5.3 Alum. Block---
Cherry bomb Extreme single exhaust, True Flow air intake, Nelson Performance tune (93 oct) Corvette Servo, 3.73 gears, G80, Rough Country 2in Leveling Kit, Readylift 3in blocks in rear (not in sig), Line-X Xtra on both sides, AMI billet fuel door, Westin Bull Bar (black) with 2 6" KC slimlights.
BLACK TRUCK CLUB

Imperial Blue Met. 2008 Trailblazer LT. (stock)

Toys In Stock:
2006 Harley Davidson Road King Classic. Screaming Eagle Download, High flow Air intake and Rush exhaust.
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI Realtree HD hardwoods camo
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700FI Camo

#4 daddy

daddy

Senior Enthusiast

• 14,970 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

Voila!

http://www.gm-trucks...amp;hl=goo gone

Posted Image

#5 akfireman

akfireman

Enthusiast

• 140 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Drives:2011 Avalanche LT - Steel Green Metallic

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Ok i have been searching for an answer on this forum for quite some time and cant find the answer .. I have peeled the driver side seatbelt warning sticker off my sun visor on the interior but it left all kinds of glue and residue behind .. wondering if anyone has removed theres and knows of a good/easy way to peel the other sticker off the passenger side and how to get the left over residue off .. thanks Stephen

Try Goo Gone, it takes a little elbow grease but it works.
2011 Avalanche LT - Steel Green Metallic
2001 Sierra 1500 - Sold
2007 Pontiac G6

#6 VMax626

VMax626

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,173 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

I did the same thing and it is good to know that I can buy something to get rid of that glue that is there.
Posted Image

2007 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Vortec Max 6.0l L76 with Hydra-Matic 4L70E 4 Speed Auto With Overdrive
Mods: Black Bear Performance Tune, Debadged Except For V-Max Emblem, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, AEM Cold Air Intake, 2 Belltech Drop Shackles & Removed Rear Lift Blocks, SilverStar Low Beam Bulbs, TS Shift Kit, Corvette Servo

#7 slimjim2525

slimjim2525

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,148 posts
  • Drives:2007 GMC Sierra 1500

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

one question ....Why??

:lol:
2007 GMC Sierra 1500

#8 compulynx

compulynx

Enthusiast

• 367 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

Do not even try it on the 08 sun visors. I almost screwed one up by trying to get the gunk off after I peeled it. That stuff will NOT come out of the material, period. Goo Gone will not remove it all. I even tried pure acetone.....

I had to make some custom vinyl Z71 Off road labels to cover up my mess up....

Just leave them on and make a vinyl label to stick over them of your liking.......

Posted Image
Posted Image

I am not 100% happy with the color match, so I will remove one visor and take to the computer to match it better later on.. But, I like it....

I did mine with a color laser and some special polyester labels from a place called desktoplabels.com

C
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1-3SA Z71 4x4
5.3 liter 3.73 axles
Westin Stainless Steel Step Bars, 2 inch Rough Country Level Kit ( The good old style metal one ), Undercover Bed Topper, GM Denali Grille, GM Chrome Mirror Covers, CIPA Tow Mirrors, Line-X Bed Liner
35% Tinted Glass, Prodigy Brake Controller, GM Rear Wheel Well Liners, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs, WeatherTech Floor Liners, TST Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor, Trailer Mounted Backup Camera, Thick Rubber Bed Mat

Posted Image

#9 overlord1

overlord1

Enthusiast

• 267 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

I removed mine by heating them for a couple of minutes with a blow dryer on the hottest setting. They peeled off easily enough but some adhesive residue remained which doesn't bother me. I chose to remove mine because they look rediculous imho and I don't need a sticker to explain the obvious.

#10 VMax2007

VMax2007

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 19,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

http://images.google...htt...l=en&sa=N

Posted Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT

#11 daddy

daddy

Senior Enthusiast

• 14,970 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

http://www.gm-trucks...showtopic=28374 :lol:

Edited by daddy, 24 June 2008 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#12 VMax2007

VMax2007

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 19,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

http://www.gm-trucks...showtopic=28374 :lol:

Gee, Thanks Daddy, like I don't know how to post pics...been doing about 100 times a day for the past year. I didn't WANT to post a pic, I wanted to post the link. :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by VMax2007, 24 June 2008 - 09:17 PM.

Posted Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT

#13 daddy

daddy

Senior Enthusiast

• 14,970 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Gee, Thanks Daddy, like I don't know how to post pics...been doing about 100 times a day for the past year. I didn't WANT to post a pic, I wanted to post the link. :lol:

Sure you did...

Posted Image

What the hell else could I have picked on you for there??? I had to have something, give a guy a break! :lol:

Posted Image

#14 thunder219

thunder219

Enthusiast

• 47 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

I used an iron with a shirt over the visor. It got almost all the glue out of the visor, but its not something I will do to any future trucks.
Posted Image

#15 miramballer

miramballer

Enthusiast

• 173 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

Damn this sounds like a may have made a bad decision peeling of the driver side sticker .. oh well cant go back now, guess ill have to get some goo goone and try that out

Posted Image