Removing Warning Label On Interior Sun Visor ?

Ok i have been searching for an answer on this forum for quite some time and cant find the answer .. I have peeled the driver side seatbelt warning sticker off my sun visor on the interior but it left all kinds of glue and residue behind .. wondering if anyone has removed theres and knows of a good/easy way to peel the other sticker off the passenger side and how to get the left over residue off .. thanks Stephen

They are intentionally made to be non-removable. Automakers are instructed to make all government warning labels "tamper resistant". I haven't tried it myself but some in here have said that a hair dryer will soften the glue and help make the removal clean. Like I say though... I haven't tried it. I didn't want to end up with a giant glue spot sunvisor.

Ok i have been searching for an answer on this forum for quite some time and cant find the answer .. I have peeled the driver side seatbelt warning sticker off my sun visor on the interior but it left all kinds of glue and residue behind .. wondering if anyone has removed theres and knows of a good/easy way to peel the other sticker off the passenger side and how to get the left over residue off .. thanks Stephen

Try Goo Gone, it takes a little elbow grease but it works.

Do not even try it on the 08 sun visors. I almost screwed one up by trying to get the gunk off after I peeled it. That stuff will NOT come out of the material, period. Goo Gone will not remove it all. I even tried pure acetone.....

I had to make some custom vinyl Z71 Off road labels to cover up my mess up....

Just leave them on and make a vinyl label to stick over them of your liking.......

visor1.jpg

visor2.jpg

I am not 100% happy with the color match, so I will remove one visor and take to the computer to match it better later on.. But, I like it....

I did mine with a color laser and some special polyester labels from a place called desktoplabels.com

C

I removed mine by heating them for a couple of minutes with a blow dryer on the hottest setting. They peeled off easily enough but some adhesive residue remained which doesn't bother me. I chose to remove mine because they look rediculous imho and I don't need a sticker to explain the obvious.

Gee, Thanks Daddy, like I don't know how to post pics...been doing about 100 times a day for the past year. I didn't WANT to post a pic, I wanted to post the link. :lol:

Sure you did...

Corner_Dumb_Ass.jpg

What the hell else could I have picked on you for there??? I had to have something, give a guy a break! :lol:

Archived