Photo
- - - - -

Replacement Radio Model 16147065

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty46

Rusty46

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

I am looking for a replacement (used) radio module for my 1993 GMC Sierra. The existing radio model number is 16147065. The OEM installation includes a separate cassette deck with equalizer. I have been told that there are multiple radio module model numbers that work with the cassette deck w/equalizer. I am looking for those other numbers, or for a information source where I can sort through radio model #s. Thanks, in advance for any assistance.

#2 daddy

daddy

Senior Enthusiast

• 14,970 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hi.

Posted Image

#3 Rusty46

Rusty46

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Hi.

Hi.

#4 thunderstruck

thunderstruck

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,228 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Drives:2006 Avalanche, 1995 Silverado

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

If you are talking about the tuner/amp module underneath the dashboard, try looking through a salvage yard. If the head unit and cassette/EQ unit look identical to yours, it should work. I know that's not exactly what you asked for, but I hope it helps anyways.

Have you considered an aftermarket unit?

#5 Rusty46

Rusty46

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

If you are talking about the tuner/amp module underneath the dashboard, try looking through a salvage yard. If the head unit and cassette/EQ unit look identical to yours, it should work. I know that's not exactly what you asked for, but I hope it helps anyways.

Have you considered an aftermarket unit?

thunderstruck - Thanks, for the reply. Yes, I am looking for the module that is under the dash. I have hit the local salvage yards. I am also watching ebay. I am finding lots of modules that may or may not work with the cassette deck/eq. I am trying to keep cost down, hence the interest in equivalent modules. I have considered aftermarket, but prefer to keep the existing set up. Thanks, again.

#6 geektoad

geektoad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,614 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hi.

:lol: Subtle. I like it!

gmcgrillsig.jpg

2014 Onyx Black GMC Sierra All Terrain

weathertech | access lorado