003 Gmc Sierra Wiper Problem

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 5.3, with 28000 miles on it and I' m having a problem with the wipers, there's no intermittent and they won't shut off. I did find that GM had a recall on 2002 and 2003 midsize SUVs, that a vent hole in the wiper module was letting water in and they had corrosion, and they replaced those. Wouldn't they use the same modules on the trucks? Is there a way to find out if it's the same problem and they should replace my module?

Is there anyone else having this problem? I've had more problems with this truck than I had with my 1973 Chevy, which I retired in October, with over 300,000 miles on it. It still has the original wipers, which still work! Maybe GM should go back and look at some of the old technology they had and take a lesson from it. I've also had problems with the brakes on this truck, which after complaining to GM, they replaced after my warranty expired. They've also replaced a couple of other parts, after the warranty expired because I complained about them. It just seems like you fix one thing, then something else happens. Whens it going to end? I would unretire the old truck, it runs great, but the bodies shot!

Archived