Photo
- - - - -

Gm Credit Card Points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 unit731

unit731

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,540 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

I got the older GM HSBC Mastercard.

Is there a chart some place that shows how many points one can use toward a new GM vehicle? A limit? A per year accrued limit? Or whatever?

I went to various GM websites but can't seem to find a chart. I can log into my account and it tells me what I have. Can't seem to find a place that states how many points can be used or a time limit or other such data.
"I lived to tell the story, but did not tell the story to live". Diego Garcia

#2 cev103

cev103

Enthusiast

• 300 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

Is there a chart some place that shows how many points one can use toward a new GM vehicle? A limit? A per year accrued limit? Or whatever?

I went to various GM websites but can't seem to find a chart. I can log into my account and it tells me what I have. Can't seem to find a place that states how many points can be used or a time limit or other such data.

My card has the 5% earnings on each purchase (I think thats what you mean by older HBSC MC) and I know that I would be only allowed to redeem up to $1500 towards the purchase of Fullsize truck. I know this because I got a incentive letter in the mail from GM Card back in January, and it listed the redemtion allowances in relation to the specific models.
Posted Image
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Crew Cab SLE 1, 5.3L V8

My Garage

#3 Alliance00

Alliance00

Enthusiast

• 206 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

My card has the 5% earnings on each purchase (I think thats what you mean by older HBSC MC) and I know that I would be only allowed to redeem up to $1500 towards the purchase of Fullsize truck. I know this because I got a incentive letter in the mail from GM Card back in January, and it listed the redemtion allowances in relation to the specific models.

That is one type and is what is have, but I know my folks card allows you to only earn $500 annually but you can redeem whatever you have accumulated at purchase time no redemption allowance.

Call GM Card for redemption allowances if you have that style of card.
Posted Image

#4 cev103

cev103

Enthusiast

• 300 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Ok, I figured it out after messing around on the GM Card website...

Go to the GMCard.com website and log-in to the "Manage your Earnings" tab on the top right of the screen.

Next click on the "GM Vehicles" tab (should be the 4th over to the right)

Then aboud half way down on the screen you can do a search by Vehicle brand or Style. It should list a breakdown for redemtion allowances.....hope it works.
Posted Image
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Crew Cab SLE 1, 5.3L V8

My Garage

#5 ktg

ktg

Enthusiast

• 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

My wife's GM card is still the old one. It's got a $500 a year earnings limit and $3500 max. No limit on redemption, up to the $3500. I converted my GM card to the new one. It's got no yearly limit on earnings but they limit the redemption based on the vehicle model bought.
2004 GMC 2500 Crew Cab Quadrasteer 4x4, 6.0L, 4.10
4L80E, CAI, AS&M headers, !CATS, Trans-Go shift kit
Nelson tune, 160*

#6 unit731

unit731

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,540 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

Ok, I figured it out after messing around on the GM Card website...

Go to the GMCard.com website and log-in to the "Manage your Earnings" tab on the top right of the screen.

Next click on the "GM Vehicles" tab (should be the 4th over to the right)

Then aboud half way down on the screen you can do a search by Vehicle brand or Style. It should list a breakdown for redemtion allowances.....hope it works.

Thank you. I found it. Never would have found it without your help. Thanks.

pickup
2008 GMC Canyon
Redemption Allowance: $1,500
2008 GMC Sierra
2008 GMC Sierra Denali
"I lived to tell the story, but did not tell the story to live". Diego Garcia