Jack Kit

I bought a 2004 Sierra a few months back and kust realized there is no jack or tools.

The tool kit is impossible to come by at scrapyards and the dealer wants 200 bucks. I've seen pictures of it but can't make out what the ends look like. Can anybody describe it to me? Is it square? and what size? 1/2 inch? I was thinking of using socket extensions.

Thanks

on my 99 its a bottle jack, and a package that has one L shaped bar with a wheel socket on it, and it has a end to go in the bottle jack. The other bars (2) have square ends, and one is a female end one is a male, and they connect to the L shape bar to lower the spare tire. Those are the only tools you get with a truck

Mine came with the kit but not the jack so I just used a 4ton bottle, but it was barely tall enough to lift the tire off the ground, so now I just keep a floor jack in the toolbox since I don't have a garage, and it works nicely :) as for the other part of the kit, it's kinda necessary in order to get the spare tire down, I can't think of anything that would be a suitable replacement.... Unless you want to keep your spare in the bed you might be out of luck...

I know that Discount Tire uses a tool that they have...I removed my bottle jack and associated hardware and when I took the truck in for a tire rotation there, they used a red tool with an integrated handle that went into my bumper and dropped the spare....looked kinda neat, but I dont know what that tool is called....

I never thought about that.....didn't realize the newer vechicles don't come with a jack.

Should have kept the one from my YukonXL before trading it in.

• 3 years later...
Just the tools by them selves the dealer charged me $98. I was on my way out of town on a 3 hour drive so I said screw it. Made sure to hold on to my receipt. Definitely gonna look online and return these. What a freaking rip off.

$71 at GM Parts Direct ($56.89 + shipping)

GM Part# 20782704

Archived