Can I Get A Gm How To Install A Power Steering Pump Sheet?

I ordered a new pump finally from my dealer, but I have some what of an idea how to get it out, I know the belt has to be removed, but could I get one of those like detailed instruction pages of what exactly to do to get it out, I looked in the Wiki first, but didnt find anything. Thanks!

nevermind. here ya go

Power Steering Pump Replacement (4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L) <A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=346927&pubCellSyskey=54974&pubObjSyskey=346927&from=sm&laborOpCode=&cellId=54974#ss1-346927">

Removal Procedure

Tools Required

J 25033-C Power Steering Pump Pulley Installer

J 24319-01 Power Steering Pump Pulley Remover

1. 624.gif
tif.gif
<LI type=1>Remove the upper radiator fan shroud. Refer to Fan Shroud Replacement in Engine Cooling. <LI type=1>Remove the drive belt. Refer to Drive Belt Replacement in Engine Mechanical. <LI type=1>Remove the pulley.

Install the

J 25034-C .

Be sure the pilot bolt bottoms in the pump shaft by turning the nut to the top of the pilot bolt.

Hold the nut.

Turn the pilot bolt counterclockwise.

346660.gif
tif.gif
<LI type=1>Place a drain pan under the pump. <LI type=1>Remove the hoses from the pump. <LI type=1>Remove the bolts from the rear of the pump. <LI type=1>Remove the bolts from the front of the pump.

Remove the pump from the vehicle.

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=346927&pubCellSyskey=54974&pubObjSyskey=346927&from=sm&laborOpCode=&cellId=54974#ss2-346927">

Installation Procedure

1. 346660.gif
tif.gif
<LI type=1>Install the pump. Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

<LI type=1>Install the bolts to the front and the rear of the pump. Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 50 N·m (37 lb ft).

<LI type=1>Install the hoses to the pump. Tighten
Tighten the nut to 28 N·m (20 lb ft).

9983.gif
tif.gif
<LI type=1>Install the pulley.

Place the pulley on the end of the pump shaft.

Install the

J 25033-C .

Be sure the pilot bottoms in the pump shaft by turning the nut to the top of the pilot bolt.

Hold the nut.

Turn the pilot bolt clockwise.

Install the pulley with 0.5 mm (0.020 in) play.

<LI type=1>Install the drive belt. Refer to Drive Belt Replacement in Engine Mechanical. <LI type=1>Install the upper radiator shroud. Refer to Fan Shroud Replacement in Engine Cooling. <LI type=1>Fill the system.

Bleed the power steering system. Refer to Power Steering System Bleeding .

gmLogoFlat.gif Service Information

1999 Chevrolet Chevy C Pickup - 2WD | Document ID: 368317 Engine Coolant Fan Shroud Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the inlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls-4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, or Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls-4.3L.
    367723.gif

2. Remove the radiator inlet hose and the holding clip from the shroud. 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L engines.
  3. Reposition the radiator inlet hose.
    367017.gif

4. Remove the oil cooler line clip from the lower fan shroud (6.0L engine).
    362174.gif

5. Remove the fan shroud retainers.
    362162.gif

6. Remove the fan shroud bolts
  7. Remove the upper fan shroud.
  8. Remove the fan and clutch assembly. Refer to Fan Clutch Replacement .
  9. Lift the lower fan shroud up in order to disengage the fan shroud from the retaining clips on the radiator and remove.

Installation Procedure

1. 362162.gif

2. Install the lower fan shroud to the retaining clips on the radiator and firmly push down.
  3. Install the fan and clutch assembly. Refer to Fan Clutch Replacement .
  4. Install the upper fan shroud.Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

5. Install the fan shroud bolts.Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

362174.gif

6. Install the fan shroud retainers.
    367017.gif

7. Install the oil cooler line clip from the lower fan shroud (6.0L engine).
  8. Reposition the radiator inlet hose.
    367723.gif

9. Install the radiator inlet hose and the holding clip to the shroud (4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L engines).
  10. Install the air intake tube. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls-4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L, or Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls-4.3L.

© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

1999 Chevrolet Chevy C Pickup - 2WD | Document ID: 308510 Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. 350032.gif

2. Loosen the clamps on the air intake duct (2) at the throttle body (3) and at the MAF/IAT sensor (1).
  3. Remove the air intake duct (2).
  4. Disconnect the MAF/IAT sensor (4) connector.
  5. Loosen the clamp securing the MAF/IAT sensor to the air cleaner assembly.
  6. Remove the MAF/IAT sensor (4).
    334911.gif

7. Pull up on the air cleaner assembly (1) to release the retainers from the air cleaner adaptor (2).

Installation Procedure

1. 334911.gif

2. Position the air cleaner assembly (1) onto the air cleaner adaptor (2). Ensure the retainers fit properly into the air cleaner adaptor.
  3. Secure the air cleaner assembly (1) onto the air cleaner adaptor (2).
    359112.gif

Important: If the Mass Air Flow/Intake Air Temperature (MAF/IAT) sensor is installed backwards, the fuel system goes rich. An arrow (2) cast into the plastic portion of the sensor indicates proper air flow direction. The arrow must point toward the engine.

4. Install the MAF/IAT sensor to the air cleaner assembly.
    350032.gif

5. Secure the clamps at the MAF/IAT sensor (4) and the air cleaner assembly (5).
  6. Connect the MAF/IAT connector.
  7. Install the air intake duct (2).
  8. Tighten the clamps (1,3) on the air intake duct (2) at the throttle body and at the MAF/IAT sensor (4).

1999 Chevrolet Chevy C Pickup - 2WD | Document ID: 368190 Fan Clutch Replacement

Removal Procedure

Tools Required

J 41240 Fan Clutch Wrench

1. Caution: Do not use or attempt to repair a damaged cooling fan assembly. Replace damaged fans with new assemblies. An unbalanced cooling fan could fly apart causing personal injury and property damage.

2. Remove the upper fan shroud. Refer to Fan Shroud Replacement .
    367004.gif

3. Remove the fan and the clutch from the 4.3L, 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0 L engines using the J 41240 .
    367006.gif

4. Remove the fan blade from the clutch.

Installation Procedure

Caution: Do not use or attempt to repair a damaged cooling fan assembly. Replace damaged fans with new assemblies. An unbalanced cooling fan could fly apart causing personal injury and property damage.

1. 367006.gif

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

2. Install the fan blade to the clutch.Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 23 N·m (17 lb ft).

3. Install the fan and clutch assembly on the 4.3L, 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L engines using theJ 41240 .Tighten
    Tighten to 4.3L, 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L and fan clutch nut to 56 N·m (41 lb ft).

4. Install the upper fan shroud. Refer to Fan Shroud Replacement .

1999 Chevrolet Chevy C Pickup - 2WD | Document ID: 329690 Drive Belt Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. 374176.gif

2. Install a 3/8 inch drive wrench on the drive belt tensioner arm and rotate the arm counterclockwise.
  3. Remove the drive belt.
  4. Slowly release the tension on the drive belt tensioner arm.

Installation Procedure

1. Route the drive belt over all the pulleys except the drive belt tensioner arm.
    43858.gif

2. Observe the drive belt routing for the vehicles without air conditioning.
    43859.gif

3. Observe the drive belt routing for the vehicles with air conditioning.
    374176.gif

4. Install a 3/8 inch drive wrench on the drive belt tensioner arm and rotate the arm counterclockwise.
  5. Install the drive belt over the drive belt tensioner pulley.
  6. Slowly release the tension on the drive belt tensioner arm.
    172992.gif

7. Inspect for the drive belt being properly installed on the pulleys.
    172993.gif

8. Avoid mis-positioning the drive belt by one or more grooves.
    331327.gif

9. Confirm for the proper drive belt size and the correct drive belt routing by observing the location of the fix pointer and the index marks on the drive belt tensioner. With a new drive belt installed the fix pointer should align within the indentation on the drive belt tensioner.
    369211.gif

10. With a used drive belt installed the fix pointer should not align past the index mark.

1999 Chevrolet Chevy C Pickup - 2WD | Document ID: 361254 Power Steering System Bleeding

Bleed Procedure

Tools Required

J 35555 Mity Vac

J 43485 Power Steering Bleeder Adapter

• Bleed the steering system for the following reasons:

- Components replaced

- Fluid line disconnected

- Steering system noise occurs

- Prevention of pump damage

- Proper system operation

Important: Use clean, new power steering fluid type only.

• See the Maintenance Lubrication subsection for fluid specifications.

Important: Hoses touching the frame, body or engine can cause system noise.

• The hoses must not touch any other part of the vehicle.

Important: Loose connections may not leak, but could allow air into the steering system.

• Verify that all hose connections are tight.

1. 443644.gif

Important: Maintain the fluid level throughout the bleed procedure.

2. Remove the pump reservoir cap.
  3. Fill the pump reservoir with fluid to the "FULL COLD" level.
    443646.gif

4. Attach J 43485 toJ 35555 or equivalent.
  5. Place J 43485 on the pump reservoir filler neck.
  6. Apply a vacuum of 20 Hg maximum.
  7. Wait 5 minutes. Typical vacuum drop is 2-3 in Hg. If the vacuum does not remain steady, see Special Conditions at the end of this procedure.
  8. Reinstall the pump reservoir cap.
  9. Start the engine. Allow the engine to idle.
  10. Turn off the engine.
  11. Verify the fluid level. Repeat steps 8 through 10 until fluid stabilizes.
  12. Start the engine. Allow the engine to idle.Important: Do not turn steering wheel to lock.

13. Turn the steering wheel 180-360 degrees in both directions 5 times.
  14. Switch the ignition off.
  15. Verify the fluid level.
    443644.gif

16. Remove the pump reservoir cap.
    443646.gif

17. Attach J 43485 to J 35555 or equivalent.
  18. Place J 43485 on the pump reservoir filler neck.
  19. Apply a vacuum of 20 Hg maximum.
  20. Wait 5 minutes.
  21. Verify the fluid level.
    443656.gif

22. Reinstall the pump reservoir cap.

Special Conditions Procedure

Tools Required

J 35555 Mity Vac

J 43485 Power Steering Bleed Adapter

1. 443667.gif

2. If the vacuum continues to drop, remove the pressure and return hose from the pump.
  3. Install the plugs (1) (2) supplied with J 43485 into the pressure and return port.
    443646.gif

4. Attach J 43485 to J 35555 or equivalent.
  5. Place J 43485 on the pump reservoir filler neck.
  6. Apply a vacuum of 20 Hg maximum.
  7. If the vacuum drops again, repair or replace the pump. If the vacuum holds steady, continue to check the other parts of the steering system.Important: Fluid must be free from bubbles. Be aware of periodic bubbles that indicate a loose connection or leaking O-ring seal in the return hose or the pressure hose.

Important: Fluid must be free from discoloration.

8. Observe the fluid.
  9. If condition persists, replace the following parts:

The return hose clamps

The return hose O-rings

The pressure hose O-rings

The gear cylinder line O-rings

The reservoir to pump O-ring

10. Repeat the bleed procedure from the beginning.
  11. Drive the vehicle approximately 16 kilometers (10 miles) to warm the system to operating temperature. Evaluate vehicle on a smooth flat surface.
  12. To check for noise problems, verify the following items:

There is smooth power assist.

The vehicle operates quietly.

The pump maintains the proper fluid level.

There is no leaking in the steering system.

The fluid is free of foam or discoloration.

My pump is supposed to be here tommorow and i cant have it out of service until I get back from vacation, so ill have to start on it next sunday, but ill be sure to take lots of pics. Is it required to remove the fan? i think I can get it out without doing that. Also mine bubbles but mine is long shot as it grinds and doesnt work so it probably has a bad o ring as it doesnt leak externally but its shot anyways but once you get it rolling the slightest bit it works as if it had power steering you just gotta keep rollin.

My pump is supposed to be here tommorow and i cant have it out of service until I get back from vacation, so ill have to start on it next sunday, but ill be sure to take lots of pics. Is it required to remove the fan? i think I can get it out without doing that. Also mine bubbles but mine is long shot as it grinds and doesnt work so it probably has a bad o ring as it doesnt leak externally but its shot anyways but once you get it rolling the slightest bit it works as if it had power steering you just gotta keep rollin.

Not necessarily, however it is recommended to allow more room to remove the pump (clearance). That is GM's recommend procedure to fix the pump (probably meant to reduce surrounding damage)

Archived