Silverado Leveling Kit

OK, I did a search and I read your search too and I still did not find thw answer about ride and handling. I found a hundred answers about brands, alignments, looks, and the cool factor but nothing about ride and handling. So again, I will ask the question, what affect does a leveling kit have on ride and handling qualities.

OK, I did a search and I read your search too and I still did not find thw answer about ride and handling. I found a hundred answers about brands, alignments, looks, and the cool factor but nothing about ride and handling. So again, I will ask the question, what affect does a leveling kit have on ride and handling qualities.

Here is all the answers you will need.

http://www.offroad-tech.com/tech/tb401/

Most of all folks say that a front end level kit will not effect the ride using a coil spacer in the new trucks. Unless you have an older truck using torsion bars and you crank them too far, that will effect the ride, and make it harsh.

Has anyone installed a leveling kit on a crew cab silverado? What affect did it have on handling and ride?

I just had a 1.5 inch kit put on the front of my 4wd GMC crew cab. No difference in the ride but the truck is still 1/2 inch higher in the back, but it looks like more.I should have had the 2 1/4 inch instead. I may look into lowering the back a little now.

I just installed Readylift's 2.25 leveling kit, and although there isn't a huge change in ride comfort, you will notice a change in the way it handles. Which of course is pretty much obvious due to the fact that you have changed the stance of the ride.

I don't know if it's just me, but it does indeed feel a little different. I could just be paying way too much attention to every little detail.

I can however say that it dramaticly changed the way my truck looks. I LOVE IT! Hopefully I'll get some updated pictures soon.

Just put a 2.5" levlling kit on my brand spankin new 2008 crew cab Sierra. It's a little stiffer but nothing to complain about - just as comfortable as new - and it looks 100% better.

Wex

What brand was your 2.5" leveling kit?

Thanks.

Has anyone installed a leveling kit on a crew cab silverado? What affect did it have on handling and ride?

I just installed a truxx 2.5 leveling kit on my NBS 2007 crew cab chevy.Now she is standing proud. IT also formed enough room for me to put 285/70R/17 buckshot mudders on a pacer 164p 17x9 wheel.The ride is a little stiffer but not bad.

post-53460-1219609436_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a 2008 Silverado Z71 and I was wanting to level out the front end as well. The thing is that I have heard so many different things about what is going to make the ride more level, I have heard that you have to get the 3 inch down to the 1.5 inch. Is there anyone that has gone with the 2 inch and been completely satisfied with it? And if there are any suggestions out there, I am open

Wow man this thread is 2 years old. How did you find a 2 year old thread but not your answer in the hundreds of other leveling kit threads?

All in all the ride heights are all slightly different on all trucks. I have a 2 inch on mine and think it's pretty level and I love it. Most people wouldn't suggest you go with more then 2 inches. Some guys put 1.5 inch on theirs and it looks pretty level and they are satisfied. If you are really anal about it and want to lift the front end then go with 2 inches.

I have a leveling kit sitting in my garage that i'm to lazy to install, don't want to wear out my front end and start having problems.

News flash, your front end is wearing out regardless if it's on or not. I hope that's really not the reason you haven't installed it yet and it's just because you are lazy

Archived