Check Engine Light Code P0449

Actually I was getting a p0445 and a p0449. Now I am getting a p0449 and a p0443...
That is odd. Blow a fuse? Don't know offhand if they share the same fuse. I'd have to check.

Start truck cold. Disconnect vacuum from Purge Valve on manifold. Feel if it "clicks" and check if you get vacuum for a few seconds AND / OR check voltage to same upon cold startup.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 2008 Yukon Denali and need to change my vent solenoid. Went to the dealer and charged me $108 to diagnose why the engine light remains ON. They stated it needs a new gas cap and a vent solenoid. For another $450 they can do the work. BULL! I changed the gas cap for $19 and need to order the vent solenoid replacement. I see on-line it's about $100. Can someone whom is familiar help tell me where this vent solenoid is on a 2008 Yukon , and how to briefly change out. It sound easy, quoted only a screwdriver and 30 minutes.

Pictures and descriptions are most helpful!

on my way to get my emission test of course engine light comes on (2005 silverado 1500 crewcab 50,000 miles) anyway stopped at autozone and scanned it po449 comes up so came home to do some research and found you guys alot of good stuff on here anyway here are some things i may be of help with gm#25932571 // AC DELCO 214-2149 are the part numbers if you want to put the exact part back on that came off thats what i did after reading a post on here from a guy that said his suburban had the same valve on as his silverado so he just bought one for a suburban he was 100% right for my 05 silverado too anyway $30.00 for this exact match compared to 175.00 and up for the 19152349 number that you have to use and extra 5 foot of 5/8 hose and mount the filter above the tranny so if you dont wanna relocate anything and save a bunch of money just get the part #25932571/delco 214-2149 its suspose to be for a 06 suburban but was exactly the same thing on my silverado oh if you dont want to buy from a dealer i believe the napa part#CRB 2282567 if you have any questions or wanna see any pictures just yell oh btw you have to get about 3 inches of 5/8 hose because you have to cut the plastic hose to get it off the old valve so you need a little piece of hose and 2 clamps to install back onto new valve oh stopped back at autozone engine light and code all gone emissions here i come again fingers crossed

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have a P0449 code coming up on my 2007 Silverado Classic 4 door Crew Cab 4x4, the dealership gave me the part number #19207763 I was wondering how do I change this?? Do I need any extra parts at all? I know Ed had the PFD for the 05 full size would it be the same for my truck as well. Also we have been driving for awhile with this code up will it cause any harm at all to the truck ie Catalitic converter or anything eles? All advice and tricks would be much appreciated.

I had this fixed under warranty on my 2006 silverado back in 2008. Now it's coming up again. Now the dealer wants $350 to fix it. I'm sick of this garbage. Does anyone know how you can just unplug/short/remove this unneeded environmental crap from the system altogether? I'm tired of having the engine light come on for something I know is useless. I do not want to grow accustomed to ignoring my engine light, because one day it will be something important.

edit: btw I'm getting P0442 and P0449.

Hey impala454,

you can do a lot of research regarding this issue and waste more then enough time. This article has some good information in it. But when it comes down to it how much money do you want to spend and how do you want to repair the issue?? I myself picked up a 2006 Silverado last November with only 39K at a great deal from a dealer, but they failed to mention even with mechanics and carfax report of the problems they had with vehicle. But I have the knowledge to go beyond what they couldn’t.

Back to the issue, if you want to purchase the relocation kit @ $220.00 from the dealer with dropping the transmission mount to mount the vent valve or you can purchase a vent valve solenoid canister from a 2006 Suburban @ $35.00. You will need to also purchase at least 10” of 5/8 heater hose and 2 clamps. Cut the hose away from the end mount to the canister you will need this attaching to the hose. I replaced both the vent valve solenoid and evaporator solenoid (AC Delco) purchased for Advance Auto for $35.00. Also if you do not have a scanner to reset your codes, remove the battery cables for at least 30 minutes. Negative first, then positive, when connecting back positive then negative.

In addition if you have a multimeter, measure the resistance to the vent valve solenoid, if you get over 27K of resistance you are on the high side, mine was shorted measuring 5meg. If you have an electrical issue, turn the vehicle ignition on, measure the voltage at the solenoid plug, (pink hot 12vdc).

Sorry I don’t have the number with me, at work tonight!

Thanks labrat that is some good info. My only concern at this point and IMHO the perfect fix is to just trick the computer into thinking the thing is there and within tolerances. I couldn't care less if this EVAP system operates or not, I just want the codes to go away permanently. If that involves soldering a short circuit with a resistor or something then maybe that's the solution. I do have a programmer and can clear the codes but they keep coming back.

Thanks labrat that is some good info. My only concern at this point and IMHO the perfect fix is to just trick the computer into thinking the thing is there and within tolerances. I couldn't care less if this EVAP system operates or not, I just want the codes to go away permanently. If that involves soldering a short circuit with a resistor or something then maybe that's the solution. I do have a programmer and can clear the codes but they keep coming back.

The code will come back until the fault is cleared. If I remember the drawing correctly, the ECM looks for the closure at power up then the open on the Vent Valve. Also this works in conjunction with the Evap. Valve on the engine. If you close loop the system the vacuum will be effected. Someone else might be able to go into more detail ragarding this.

I just paid $423.87 to have the solenoid replaced and so new rubber hoses put on what a rip off!!!

I agree that's a ripoff. I just picked one up from Amazon for 14.00. The solenoid is mounted on the back of the gas tank and very easy to change on mine so I don't mind replacing it every two years if I have to.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thanks with thread on my PO0449 code/light issue.

I took mine off, remove top, cleaned filter & whole assembly with "spray nine", took water hose to it full blast, let dry... it removed all dust & hooked back up, started engine reset codes, its been out all day but only time will tell...

Started w Gas Cap issue/replace... which was done but still stayed on... fixed this AM w your info... cya

br_549

• 2 months later...

I just replaced the solenoid and I still have the code. It will not clear my 07 denali 6.2. When the code is cleared it comes back with in a second. I cleaned the connector with contact cleaner, is it possible i blew a fuse. Does anyone know where or what the fuse is?

Regards

Just did this on my 2006 Crew Cab LT with 40,000 miles. i was getting P0449 and P0455. Replaced old solenoid with GM 25932571 I got from local chevy dealer, and about 3" of 5/8" heater hose and 2 hose clamps. Light went off with a couple of days.

Easy fix.

Mike in AL

Archived