What Did Your Line X Spay In Bedliner Cost You?

I found a Line X dealer in a small town close to where I live (about 30 min. away), and I want to see how much they will line x my bed for. I just want to have an idea what the Line X is going for around the country. Also, if you got the bed rails done, let me know how you like it.

-Al

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I priced several places in the DFW area a while back. The cheapest I found was actually from the GMC dealer, where I bought my truck. They wanted $450 to do an over the rails Line-X on my crew cab short bed. Most other places were $500-525 around here.

I don't know why, but I didn't really expect it to be THAT expensive..!

Think mine was @$450 through the Chevy dealer with the purchase. Chose to keep it under the rails because I prefer the clean appearance of painted bed rails. Would go over the top if doing this again. It's worth the money if you use the bed.

I paid $600 for under rail color match. It came out very good. Linex dealers are franchise dealers and not all of them do the same quality job so it's important to talk to people whe had work done at the specific location you are considering. While I was getting mine done two different guys came up from Houston to get their liners repaired correctly that a Houston store evidently sprayed wrong.

100_1599.jpg

I wouldn't go with Line-X. Maybe it was just the local shop, maybe it's actually their policy, but their 'lifetime warranty against gouging/peeling/flaking' is bull. My father-in-law bought a truck and had it Line-X'd and had no problems for a while. Then he had some steel in the back, and when he took it out the Line-X scraped right out in a few spots. We took it back over there and they refused to honor the warranty because 'he put something in there that scraped it off.' Now, most people I know who get a spray-in liner get one because they plan on putting things in their bed that, you know, would tear up the paint, and a spray in bedliner is supposed to keep that from happening. This one didn't, it peeled right off in a few spots. Anyway, he never did get it fixed, and Line-X has been getting plenty of free advertising. People see the stickers on his truck, ask how he likes it and he tells them this little story. Plenty of people have decided not to get Line-X after talking to him.

Archived