What Did Your Line X Spay In Bedliner Cost You?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I paid 0 for mine :o) I made the dealer add it before I signed. Here is the only pic I have. I can get moere if you want.

I like how that doesn't wrap over the top, but that it does cover the top of the rails.

Yeah, I liked how it came out as well.

Justin, I think you need a bigger truck to carry all of that cargo :wtf:

HAHA, tell me about it. The bag is holding my wet tie-down straps...left them in the rain the night before.

I wouldn't go with Line-X. Maybe it was just the local shop, maybe it's actually their policy, but their 'lifetime warranty against gouging/peeling/flaking' is bull. My father-in-law bought a truck and had it Line-X'd and had no problems for a while. Then he had some steel in the back, and when he took it out the Line-X scraped right out in a few spots. We took it back over there and they refused to honor the warranty because 'he put something in there that scraped it off.' Now, most people I know who get a spray-in liner get one because they plan on putting things in their bed that, you know, would tear up the paint, and a spray in bedliner is supposed to keep that from happening. This one didn't, it peeled right off in a few spots. Anyway, he never did get it fixed, and Line-X has been getting plenty of free advertising. People see the stickers on his truck, ask how he likes it and he tells them this little story. Plenty of people have decided not to get Line-X after talking to him.

I just got my done today over the rails (Rhino liner) through my GMC dealer for $440 + tax. Looks good :)

On another note, I see a lot of trucks in my area with a Line-X coating and they have either the yellow Line-X decal on the rear window or a plastic logo affixed to the inside of the bed. Is this something that Line-X automatically does as part of the installation? I hate having advertising on a vehicle regardless of how good or bad a particular installation is.

On another note, I see a lot of trucks in my area with a Line-X coating and they have either the yellow Line-X decal on the rear window or a plastic logo affixed to the inside of the bed. Is this something that Line-X automatically does as part of the installation? I hate having advertising on a vehicle regardless of how good or bad a particular installation is.

Ask them not to put it on there. If they refuse, go elsewhere. :)

I took the sticker off. It's rule #7: No stickers on any of my vehicles. (except the "4x4" sticker). Line-x does put a placcard (sp?)inside the bed and spray over it. It looks ok though. Here is a pic of it. They put one on each side of the bed.

DSC02046.jpg

EDIT: The picture was taken in January and those white spots are ice. Not a defect in the Line-X

mine cost me $550 from the linex store in bellingham washington....that was for over the rails. It was a little pricey but after using pretty much every spray in liner company from a few different dealers it is by far the best job i have even gotten done.

I wouldn't go with Line-X. Maybe it was just the local shop, maybe it's actually their policy, but their 'lifetime warranty against gouging/peeling/flaking' is bull. My father-in-law bought a truck and had it Line-X'd and had no problems for a while. Then he had some steel in the back, and when he took it out the Line-X scraped right out in a few spots. We took it back over there and they refused to honor the warranty because 'he put something in there that scraped it off.' Now, most people I know who get a spray-in liner get one because they plan on putting things in their bed that, you know, would tear up the paint, and a spray in bedliner is supposed to keep that from happening. This one didn't, it peeled right off in a few spots. Anyway, he never did get it fixed, and Line-X has been getting plenty of free advertising. People see the stickers on his truck, ask how he likes it and he tells them this little story. Plenty of people have decided not to get Line-X after talking to him.

This is why I always get the warranties or guarantees in writing, have you contacted Line X customer service and asked to speak to a district rep or tried taking the truck to another Line X location?

FREE - My spray in bedliner was part of the deal when I bought my truck, it's always better when it's free!!!

David, I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't "free". Nothing is free. You paid for it, trust me.

Dude, the chrome bug guard should have been free. Sometimes when people get rid of JUNK tey are willing to give it away. I'm just sayin.... :cheers:

You take that frikkin' thing off yet or what? :thumbs:

FREE - My spray in bedliner was part of the deal when I bought my truck, it's always better when it's free!!!

David, I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't "free". Nothing is free. You paid for it, trust me.

Dude, the chrome bug guard should have been free. Sometimes when people get rid of JUNK tey are willing to give it away. I'm just sayin.... :cheers:

Yep, it is off. Happy now?

YES! However, we need proof

YES! However, we need proof

I'll take a pic just for you daddy, sometime over the long weekend, I am off Thur through Labor Day, and I plan to clean her up good either tomorrow or friday.

Archived