Diablo Sport...for 2008 4wd Lt

faisal

my friend is thinking about the diablo sport predator for his 2008 LT 4WD 5.3HOW IS IT ...does it work...is it clear(THE DEFFERANCE)...is the shifting ponits programable in the predatorthis is the SUV...WHAT DO U THINK (^_^)upload2world_8b072.jpg

• 9 months later...

My friend just installed a programmer in his 2008 2500HD. The next day he got a call from GM saying that his extended was voided because of a performance add-on had changed the system. I looked this up and foun out that this is 100% true. If you add a programer, buy it through your dealership or whoever does your regular service so that they will still do the work under waranty. The power gain is not worth having to pay for a new transmission when it goes out.

My friend just installed a programmer in his 2008 2500HD. The next day he got a call from GM saying that his extended was voided because of a performance add-on had changed the system. I looked this up and foun out that this is 100% true. If you add a programer, buy it through your dealership or whoever does your regular service so that they will still do the work under waranty. The power gain is not worth having to pay for a new transmission when it goes out.

Is it a diesel? Did he take it to the dealer after the tune or are you claiming that the dealer just new it was installed because they are monitoring his computer?

Is it a diesel? Did he take it to the dealer after the tune or are you claiming that the dealer just new it was installed because they are monitoring his computer?

Ya, its a diesel. He had the programer installed at a local 4WheelParts store. It wasn't the dealer that called, it was GM. Because people burn out their engines and tranys with programers and then set them back to stock when stuff breaks so its under waranty, GM set it up on the new models so that they get a notification when a programer is installed so that kind of stuff doesnt happen and they notify you so you cant claim that they didnt tell you.

• 4 months later...

Ya, its a diesel. He had the programer installed at a local 4WheelParts store. It wasn't the dealer that called, it was GM. Because people burn out their engines and tranys with programers and then set them back to stock when stuff breaks so its under waranty, GM set it up on the new models so that they get a notification when a programer is installed so that kind of stuff doesnt happen and they notify you so you cant claim that they didnt tell you.

The Diablo tuner is designed with exactly that issue with the dealer. You run their program in your truck until its time for service. Then you plug the programmer back in and in less then 5 minutes you dump the OEM program back in and take it to the dealership.

The Diablo is a great product and works well on my 07 Denali 6.2L.

The only issue is transmission shifting. The 6 speed is a great tranny but when downshifting with sudden breaking and starting out after slowing in traffic the tranny hunts and sputters. It would be nice if the Diablo cleaned that up.

They are always doing program updates so hopefully it will be soon.

Archived