Evap Vent Valve Location

nharrel

Question

Will this part fit on an 09 1500? My truck has 40k miles, and is out of warranty, so so if this part will work...I'll be a happy guy. Got the P0449 code yesterday, cleared it, and it came right back on the first start up.

I just put the 214-2149 on my 07 Sierra (new body). It also has 40k on it. $31 all in. I bought 3' of 5/8 heater hose and had 18" left over. Cleared the code with a code reader, and so far it has stayed off. You will just need to find the right curve for the hose. Any repair that I can do with a screwdriver and a knife is for me.

I have the same issue on my '08 now. The part number calls for the entire kit, solenoid and vent and I only need the solenoid. My part has two hose connections, one from the canister and 1 to the vent. It looks like this part you mention only has one outlet is that correct? My part is $86 at Rock Auto, this other part is less than $20 and I'd like to go that route if possible.

Ok, I got my part at the dealer. For the NBS, mine is an '08, it is 214-2236 and cost me about $30. I got a couple feet of 5/8 heater hose and some clamps and you can see what I did below in the pics. The reason for doing this is that you have to cut the OE lines (plastic) to get the old part out. IMG_4084.jpgIMG_4085.jpg

Thanks for the pics RAT-ON. Your pic and description made it easier to find once I knew what and where I was looking for. I ordered the P/N 214-2149 thru Amazon for $13 with free shipping. I'll post an update once I install it. Thanks again.

• Like 1

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ*****

Ok everyone, listen up....If you have a 04 and newer silverado, with a failed evap vent solenoid, you have to read this info. Do not pay $100+ for this part(actually $150.00 at the dealer). The following part numbers associated with this part have been gm#19207763,19152349, and AC DELCO #'s 214-2082 costing over $100.00 for the modified part. This is for the modified part, with the relocation of the filterbox, and the added hose that seperates the two. No one at Gm will tell you this, but this same part, that was origionally on your silverado, is also used in the 2006 Suburban. It will be an identical replacement for what is ON YOUR TRUCK, and the cost is $24.04 AT THE DEALER. I know this because I own a 2006 silverado, and a 2006 suburban. Looked at the suburban when the part went bad on the silverado(from overfilling the tank)and bingo, same part. Ask a parts person at GM, and they will tell you otherwise, but they are lying to you. Bought the suburban part today part # 25932571 (GM #) and everything is identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the part itself. Took the part off my silverado, put the replacement on (which gm told me is not the right part), cleared the codes, and bingo no more light after 3 consecutive starts...... Why, is it that GM feels we need to pay the price for something they did wrong???? And moreso, lie to us, telling us the $150.00 part is our only choice to fix the problem. My truck went 40K miles with the origional part, and probably only went bad because of my own stupidity in overfilling the tank, whay would I not just want to spend $24.00 to put on the same part, that will probably go the rest of the life of the truck with no tank overfills???? I say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED INTO PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICE that GM is trying to suck out of us.....Please pass this on to the world, and every forum you can...Get the word out....Let the parts people at GM know we are on to their BS, and they can't take advantage of us like they have.....

I just wanted to say that when my evap solenoid (p0449) went bad I found this very post, and I am so thankful that I did. I went to my stealership handed the attendant a paper with the part number you mentioned. He ofcourse tried to sell me the $150.00 kit, but I declined. Changed the part and saved myself $120.00. :D Hopefully that will cover the ticket I got for out of date inspection. :sleep:

:fingersx: After finding this Forum, I was determined not to spend alot of cash.. I crossed P/N# 25932571 to a BWD - Vapor Canister Purge Valve P/N: CPV16 at my local Orielly's Auto Parts. Couldn't believe; it's the same freaking part. For $23.99 plus tax counldn't be any better than this. No more P0449 or P0445 codes.. Whoohoo.. That ya'll.. :driving:

Can someone please help me. I was directed here from Chevyforum. I have a 2006 Chevy Crewcab with the 4.8.

I purchased the evap vent came with 2 pieces the canister and a little vent. I paid 100 for it at gmpartsonline. reading this thread has confused me with everyone talking about different years and models. Can someone tell me what parts i need to get preferably the 28$ parts for another model chevy that will also work for my truck Please.......

Thank you in advance

Ok everyone, listen up....If you have a 04 and newer silverado, with a failed evap vent solenoid, you have to read this info. Do not pay $100+ for this part(actually $150.00 at the dealer). The following part numbers associated with this part have been gm#19207763,19152349, and AC DELCO #'s 214-2082 costing over $100.00 for the modified part. This is for the modified part, with the relocation of the filterbox, and the added hose that seperates the two. No one at Gm will tell you this, but this same part, that was origionally on your silverado, is also used in the 2006 Suburban. It will be an identical replacement for what is ON YOUR TRUCK, and the cost is $24.04 AT THE DEALER. I know this because I own a 2006 silverado, and a 2006 suburban. Looked at the suburban when the part went bad on the silverado(from overfilling the tank)and bingo, same part. Ask a parts person at GM, and they will tell you otherwise, but they are lying to you. Bought the suburban part today part # 25932571 (GM #) and everything is identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the part itself. Took the part off my silverado, put the replacement on (which gm told me is not the right part), cleared the codes, and bingo no more light after 3 consecutive starts...... Why, is it that GM feels we need to pay the price for something they did wrong???? And moreso, lie to us, telling us the $150.00 part is our only choice to fix the problem. My truck went 40K miles with the origional part, and probably only went bad because of my own stupidity in overfilling the tank, whay would I not just want to spend $24.00 to put on the same part, that will probably go the rest of the life of the truck with no tank overfills???? I say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED INTO PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICE that GM is trying to suck out of us.....Please pass this on to the world, and every forum you can...Get the word out....Let the parts people at GM know we are on to their BS, and they can't take advantage of us like they have.....

I called gmpartsonline.net and i ordered part # 25932571 (GM #) it listed for 26$ but because I ordered the previous part the one for the silveraldo on the internet they gave me the internet discound which was 17$ and he is overnighting it to me for free. I am going to install it this weekend. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Why do you install the vent can in a different location?

After reading several forums about emission codes PO 455 & PO449 general conscenus is the EVAP vent solenoid goes bad due to over filling the tank. My tank has only filled maybe 3 times since 04 when it was new. Any thoughts on maybe the fuel cap it self is actually bad?

Also, do you have to loosen and lift the bed to make enough room to remove the solenoid? On the 2004 standard long bed trucks it is between the bed and the cab?

Maryland does require emissions testing. When I went there to extend the due date I asked them if they could test the cap. They wouldn't do it because the cap is not tested on the 04 and they had no base line to know if it was working or not.

I think you're correct that most likely it is not the cap. Thanks for the feed back.

That's crazy. Are you the original owner? To your knowledge has the part pictured above been replaced before? If so, it may have the upgraded part and installation.

One other thing, it could be a wiring problem. This has been reported by several members

214-2082.jpg

I am the original owner and that part had not been replaced. I only purchased the solenoid valve itself and not the kit. Since the truck is not subjected to being overfilled or dusty conditions I am rolling the dice. The line to the canister was dry also.

I did manage to replace the old solenoid with the new one yesterday. In all the sites I have researched for this isssue I do not recall anyone saying they found the solenoid to be split or cracked but that is how I found mine. It looked as if it was filled with water, froze, expanded and split.

The engine light went out after about 2 miles of driving and I think I am good to go.

Once again thanks for your imput. I try to do as much of my own work as I can and if not for these web sites and the knowledgable that participate on them I wouldn't do nearly as much myself as I do.

The message above is 100% correct. Part Number 25932571 is a cheaper replacement for 19207763. I ordered via Amazon.com and paid $12!!!

I own a 2006 Chevy Silverado LT and I've played this P0499 error twice now. The first time my truck was under warranty and the dealer did the modification using P/N 19207763, which replaced the existing Evap. Solenoid with a smaller sized one, which employs an extra hose with a "breather" attachment. If you look up P/N 19207763, you'll see a solenoid and breather, which can cost up to $68 (Amazon.com) or $120 from Advance Auto.

Three years later (today), I got the P0449 error again. Did little research online and decided to go with the quoted message above. I ordered P/N #25932571 from Amazon.com for $12. I left the old breather and hose installed and simply plugged the hose at the Evap Solenoid end just in case I need to use it later. It took me less than an hour to do the job and saved myself hundreds of dollars in part and labor.

Thank you, odayflor for letting us know about this!!

Edited by Machpelah

how do you separate the solenoid from the can, it looks like there is only an o-ring there, is there some special tool or method for this? ok once i got it out from under the truck, i could see it was a twist out once you release the tab.

how long does it take for the cel to clear.... or should i just pull the bat cable?

Edited by butzers09silverado