2008 Silverado Won't Start -help!

Help!

I have a 2008 silverado 1500. Somehow the security system got triggered at it will do everything but start. The fuel pump Primes, the horn honks when i enable and disable the system with the FAB, but it won't start. Does anyone know how to reset it? I hit the onstar button to see if they could disable whatever it is, but to no luck.

thanks

Help!

I have a 2008 silverado 1500. Somehow the security system got triggered at it will do everything but start. The fuel pump Primes, the horn honks when i enable and disable the system with the FAB, but it won't start. Does anyone know how to reset it? I hit the onstar button to see if they could disable whatever it is, but to no luck.

thanks

I had this problem, and removed all the fuses under the hood, and then reinstalled them. Cranked right up. I tried to isolate which fuse it was, but got frustrated.

• 2 months later...

I have had the same problem 2 times first I got out the truck locked it, then un locked it put the key and same problem. Tried 3 times and on the 4th time it started. Now I tried today to start my truck and it will do everything but start. Turn the key and all the lights and radio shut off like it's going to start but nothing. Having a GM tech run the computer on it.

Help!

thanks

Hey the problem is they had to replace the ECM, there is a issue if you get a code u0100 code or it could be a f-module. Anyways all computers. Fixed problem so far. It means the computer can't communicate with anything. So the who truck thinks it's running but the main computer is not there to tell everything what to do... Is what I got out of it.... If I have the problem again I'll post it

• 1 month later...

My truck (2008 Silverado 1500) has had the ECM replaced twice, battery, fuse block, and they are still trying to figure it out.

I start it, leave it for a few minutes, it stalls, won't start again- and engine light stays on.

The GM tech line keeps telling the dealership to keep changing this part and that part and all they are doing is fixing the symptoms and not the cause of the symptoms.

At the dealership today, techs, foremen, all have nothing to say- they just don't know.

My truck has 2000 miles (3200 kms) on it, and has been in the shop since December 24th. I had it home for one day since then, and it got towed back to the dealership the next morning.

The dealership's owner's son asked the service foreman to take my truck for a few days to monitor it, but he said, "No, if it doesn't start then I have to call a tow truck and find a way to get to work."

The people at the dealership don't even trust it.

• 1 year later...

New here with a 08 Silverado 5.3 Z71, any updates to this topic?

I have had a no start condition 8 times since obtaining the truck in Januaury 08. Every time it has immediatly started when jumping. I get the fuel pump prime, the solenoid clicks but does not crank. I have had the battery tested and it is good. There have been two occasions though not at the same time as a no start that once started all of the needles on the gauges remain at the left side of the gauge, tach and speedo also, shut it off and restart it they will act normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Archived