Whats The Best Power Programmer For My 07 Sierra 5.3

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 GMC_ON_20FORZ

GMC_ON_20FORZ

Enthusiast

• 53 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

What do you guys think the best programmer is? I think im debating between superchips or edge...
2008 GMC Sierra 5.3 flex
Magnaflow, K&N, HIDs, grille

#2 Majorleaguebass

Majorleaguebass

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,106 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

get the edge evoulution, it looks awesome mounted on the dash, plus you can get the pod it comes in color matched to make it look factory!!!
2010 Chevy Tahoe Z71 4x4 Loaded

:SOLD: 2003 gmc sierra z71:6 inch Rough Country Lift:2 in Ready lift leveling kit w/ add a leafs:3 inch Performance Acessories Body Lift:Hid Headlamps,fogs (6000k) and corner lenses:APC led 3rd brake:37 inch Nitto Mud Grapplers:20" KMC Hoss Wheels:Escalade Door Handles:Probox (Under Seat):2- Jl Audio W1-v2 10" subs:Jl Audio e1200 amp:
Stinger Wiring:Flowmaster "Turn Down" Exhuast:
Rpm Performance Transmission (Stage V):Bushwacker Oem Fender Flares Painted:
Oem Painted Mirror Caps:Pro Comp Traction Bars:Detroit Locker:
Posted Image

#3 NadieLite

NadieLite

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,076 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Drives:2008 Silverado

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

What do you guys think the best programmer is? I think im debating between superchips or edge...

For the money you are way better to get a custom tune. Everyone is going with blackbear tunes and love their trucks afterwards. I have Edge right now I like the guages but I only used economy mode and I don't think it helps much. Diablo is a much better tuner but no TCM support. Seriously look at Blackbearperformance.com it cheaper and better than a programmer.

Posted Image

Blackbear Tune | Corvette Servo | MBRP Cool Duals
Sierra 20s and 275/60/20 Cooper Zeons

#4 stadt11

stadt11

www.LMGTFY.com

• 1,564 posts
  • Drives:2006 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L Crew

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

Jake, where you from? You around the Minnesota or Texas area?

#5 GMC_ON_20FORZ

GMC_ON_20FORZ

Enthusiast

• 53 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

yes i'm actually on the minnesota boarder, is there a place to tune in minnesota or wat?
2008 GMC Sierra 5.3 flex
Magnaflow, K&N, HIDs, grille

#6 hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,643 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

minnesota folks are having a group tune done by justin from blackbear. theres a thread about it floating around here somewhere

edit: http://www.gm-trucks...showtopic=84871 i did the grunt work for you

Edited by hockeypro1411, 13 October 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#7 CWesZ71

CWesZ71

Enthusiast

• 19 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

I have the Diablosport Predator and love it. Once you start playing around with adjustable parameters it really makes a difference. You can also download custom tunes with it (though I haven’t done this personally). The forum on their site is very helpful between all of the members and the techs. If you are looking to go the ‘handheld’ programmer route, I’d give them a look. Only major downside, as said, no TCM Support (yet anyway, they keep claiming to be adding it to future updates available through the website).

Good luck.
Truck:
2008 Silverado LT 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L Flex, Z71, Trailering Pkg.

Mods/Additions:
DiabloSport Predator, LineX, WeatherTech Floor Mats, GMPP Intake, GMPP Sport Exhaust (single side), Extang Solid Fold Tonneau, GM Molded Slash Guards, Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, Lint Roller/Brush...

#8 Certifiable

Certifiable

Enthusiast

• 207 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

I prefer Hypertech. Never had a problem with them!
2008 Silverado ECSB
Corsa Exhaust
Air Raid C.A.I.
Putco Stainless Steel Grille
Bushwacker Fender Protection
Lund Stainless 4" Oval Tubes

Posted Image

#9 JNP07CC

JNP07CC

Enthusiast

• 646 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

i have the Edge but i keep mine on 'performance' ,, runs smoother than economy, appears to keep into V4 mode alot longer than economy mode when applicable , not much of a gear head when it comes to altering all the variations as a custom tune can ,, dash mount is a nice benefit
2007 GMT900 1500 CrewCab - Z71 - 5.3 Alum with AFM
Rancho Lift w/1" ReadyLift Spacer, FilterMag, Tool box, Nerf Bar, Warn Transformer - Hitch & Brush Guard,
GYear LT285-MTR's , H&R 40mm Spacers (rear), SE Custom DiamondBack Cover

Dims :
44" wheel Well
22" Floor to Rocker Pan
el

#10 VMax2007

VMax2007

I'm not always RIGHT, but I am never WRONG!

• Banned
  • 19,745 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

I had the Edge Evolution. <------keyword: "had" :D

Join us for the Blackbear MN tune!!!!

Posted Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT

#11 Nick The Great

Nick The Great

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer

• 2,242 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

I had the Edge Evolution. <------keyword: "had" :D

Join us for the Blackbear MN tune!!!!

It will be worth it. There are a lot of us going. Cabela's isn't that far from Cresco . . .
BLUE TRUCKS RULE!!!!!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 1LT, CCSB
5.3L V8 Flex Fuel w/ AFM | 4 x 4 | Blackbear Performance Tune
Spray in Bedliner | Boards to Come | Tonneau to come?

her ride: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS
3.5L V6 Flex Fuel
Bone stock FTW!

Posted Image

#12 Paul58

Paul58

Enthusiast

• 733 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

I have the Edge, I like the additional guages. I keep mine in Economy expect when towing and average 20 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg back and forth to work. I'm sure a custome tune would give better performance, but I don't want to be stuck paying for premium fuel, and the edge lets me run regular and still get decent gas mileage.
Paul... :)
SOLD: 2007 GMC Sierra SLT, Extended Cab, Standard Bed
Mods: 255/75-17 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, OEM Mud Flaps, EGR Bug Deflector, Line-X Over-Rail, Cargo Management System, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Prodigy Brake Controller, CoSTAR BlueSTAR integrated Bluetooth, GMPP CAI w/AEM DryFlow Filter, 3K lbs SuperSprings, Mag HyTec High Capacity Rear Differential Cover, and Back-up Camera...

2009 Itasca Suncruiser, 35P, W24 Workhorse Chassis, 8.1L Vortec, Allison 2350 6-Speed Tranny! Trak Bars and Sway Bars Front and Rear, Safe-T-Steer up front and CrossFire Air Management System on Rear Duals...
Posted Image
Get Cash Rebates on your On-Line Purchases!

#13 07SierraZ71

07SierraZ71

GM Engines are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

• 1,202 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

I have the Diablosport Predator and love it. Once you start playing around with adjustable parameters it really makes a difference. You can also download custom tunes with it (though I haven’t done this personally). The forum on their site is very helpful between all of the members and the techs. If you are looking to go the ‘handheld’ programmer route, I’d give them a look. Only major downside, as said, no TCM Support (yet anyway, they keep claiming to be adding it to future updates available through the website).

Good luck.

+1 for the Predator if you are looking for a hand held tuner. It is awesome and I highly recommend it. Actually the "canned" tunes that come with it are not awesome but you can tweak them yourself or have a custom tune emailed to you from Diablosport.
Posted Image
2007 GMC Sierra Classic Z71--True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series dumped--Diablosport Predator--Rancho RS5000s all the way around--2 10" Kicker CVRs--Hifonics 1200W amp--Pioneer 480W 6X9s (in the doors)--Sony Xplod 480W amp--5% Tint all the way around--Kumho Road Venture A/T's 285/70/17

#14 cmstric

cmstric

Enthusiast

• 311 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

I already get 21 mpg without a tuner and this was by adding my roll up cover i bet. i would say get the blackbear tune, its said to give 2-3 mpg along with the countless performance gains. Im getting it in December.
Posted Image
-Cardomain Pics-
Mods
:
Corsa Exhaust Blackbear Tune 6000K HID 20x9 Ultra Predators Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires Nu Image Gauges Access roll-up cover Powdercoated Putco Grill Custom Bow Tie Painted Mirror Caps Painted Door Handles Audison Amplifier Kicker 10's Eclipse Speakers Limo Tint.

#15 VMax2007

VMax2007

I'm not always RIGHT, but I am never WRONG!

• Banned
  • 19,745 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

I got zero MPG gains with the Edge. Then again, I got zero MPG gains with my Nelson tune too. My right foot and the smile on my face probably have alot to do with it too.

:D

Posted Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users