Whats The Best Power Programmer For My 07 Sierra 5.3

What do you guys think the best programmer is? I think im debating between superchips or edge...

For the money you are way better to get a custom tune. Everyone is going with blackbear tunes and love their trucks afterwards. I have Edge right now I like the guages but I only used economy mode and I don't think it helps much. Diablo is a much better tuner but no TCM support. Seriously look at Blackbearperformance.com it cheaper and better than a programmer.

I have the Diablosport Predator and love it. Once you start playing around with adjustable parameters it really makes a difference. You can also download custom tunes with it (though I haven’t done this personally). The forum on their site is very helpful between all of the members and the techs. If you are looking to go the ‘handheld’ programmer route, I’d give them a look. Only major downside, as said, no TCM Support (yet anyway, they keep claiming to be adding it to future updates available through the website).

Good luck.

i have the Edge but i keep mine on 'performance' ,, runs smoother than economy, appears to keep into V4 mode alot longer than economy mode when applicable , not much of a gear head when it comes to altering all the variations as a custom tune can ,, dash mount is a nice benefit

I have the Edge, I like the additional guages. I keep mine in Economy expect when towing and average 20 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg back and forth to work. I'm sure a custome tune would give better performance, but I don't want to be stuck paying for premium fuel, and the edge lets me run regular and still get decent gas mileage.

I have the Diablosport Predator and love it. Once you start playing around with adjustable parameters it really makes a difference. You can also download custom tunes with it (though I haven’t done this personally). The forum on their site is very helpful between all of the members and the techs. If you are looking to go the ‘handheld’ programmer route, I’d give them a look. Only major downside, as said, no TCM Support (yet anyway, they keep claiming to be adding it to future updates available through the website).

Good luck.

+1 for the Predator if you are looking for a hand held tuner. It is awesome and I highly recommend it. Actually the "canned" tunes that come with it are not awesome but you can tweak them yourself or have a custom tune emailed to you from Diablosport.

I already get 21 mpg without a tuner and this was by adding my roll up cover i bet. i would say get the blackbear tune, its said to give 2-3 mpg along with the countless performance gains. Im getting it in December.

Archived