'95 Suburban 454 Egr Valve Location

grampadirt

Question

I recently installed a new cam in my Burb and also wanted to add an Edelbrock intake manifold(p/n 3764).The one they make for 454s have no place to put the EGR valve,which is on the passenger side of the TBI as opposed to next to the thermostat housing.Was this changed for '95 or when did they make this change? I've looked all over the 'net and cannot find an aftermarket intake for it.I asked my local GMPP guy and he couldn't find anything for this engine either..any help would be appreciated.thanks,Gary

0 answers to this question

From autozone.com;

On the 1993-1995 Chevy Suburban K2500 4WD 7.4L TBI, the EGR Valve is located;

Under hood, center, upper engine area, mounted in front of intake manifold

In 1996 the EGR valve was moved.

On the 1996-2000 Chevy Suburban K2500 4WD 7.4L SFI , the EGR Valve is located:

Under hood, driver side, upper engine, mounted on rear of engine block

Hope this helps.

From autozone.com;

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response,I reread my thread and it appears I wrote it wrong.On years 88-90 the EGR valve was right behind the thermostat housing in the front of the block.This is what the Edelbrock intake was made for.But GM changed it and moved it to where the TBI unit is bolted,right about where the #6 spark plug is.I have a pic,if you look you'll see the round EGR valve with the wires coming out of it.

thanks for the help,Gary

From autozone.com;

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response,I reread my thread and it appears I wrote it wrong.On years 88-90 the EGR valve was right behind the thermostat housing in the front of the block.This is what the Edelbrock intake was made for.But GM changed it and moved it to where the TBI unit is bolted,right about where the #6 spark plug is.I have a pic,if you look you'll see the round EGR valve with the wires coming out of it.

thanks for the help,Gary

:lol: I'm sorry Gary I just don't understand what your question is.... Can you elaborate please?

From autozone.com;

Hope this helps.

thanks for the help,Gary

:lol: I'm sorry Gary I just don't understand what your question is.... Can you elaborate please?

My bad,I guess I didn't really say....I'm looking for a performance intake manifold that has all the emissions connections.I can't find one anywhere mainly because of where the EGR valve is.

Gary

From autozone.com;

Hope this helps.

thanks for the help,Gary

My bad,I guess I didn't really say....I'm looking for a performance intake manifold that has all the emissions connections.I can't find one anywhere mainly because of where the EGR valve is.

Gary

I found these;

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294822100

But they dont have provisions for the EGR. The only other thing I can suggest is bringing the intake to a machine shop to have then open up the throttle body bore and port matching the intake to the heads. Good luck.

From autozone.com;

Hope this helps.

thanks for the help,Gary

Gary

I found these;

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294822100

But they dont have provisions for the EGR. The only other thing I can suggest is bringing the intake to a machine shop to have then open up the throttle body bore and port matching the intake to the heads. Good luck.

Kinda pricey for me,It looks like everyone forgot about my year's intake design...probably concentrating on the new OBDII systems about to come out..but thanks for the help. Gary

Archived