P0332 Knock Sensor 2002 Sierra..help !

I did the same thing on mine about a month ago. I tried to reuse the intake gasket, but ended up having to replace it due to a new leak. The gasket was around $40, but I would replace it just to keep from having to remove the intake again.

This is just speculation, but I think the reason for the gap in the silicone dam is to keep water from being retained on top of the plug. It seems as though they are not trying to seal the plug, but keep water away from it.

Reusing gaskets...wuuu...never do that. :-) On my brother's truck, his gasket seal, the silicone rib on the plastic gasket frame was flattened down as apposed to the new one which had the nice sharp ridge.

I think if the GM engineers would have taken time to test these parts they would have discovered that water will travel down that wire passed the hole in the grommet. That's where water would come in if we sealed it like they showed. I have some knock sensors coming and will do mine next. I'll be replacing the valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, valley pan gasket, knock sensor wire harness, and cleaning everything up real good. Going to get some brake cleaner/carb cleaner and scrub out the intake and intake ports on the heads if there is anything there. There shouldn't be since I had a BG intake fog/purge done on it some time back. Also, you guys should be sure and check your fuel pressure regulator and connections. On mine, the regulator was bad. Easy to check it; just pull the vacuum line off with the truck off and if gas comes out, it's BAD. Also, on mine, and my brother's the little rubber elbow that connects the plastic line from the intake to the regulator had a split in the elbow area. Replaced that with some vacuum line as it was a crack all the way through. Didn't notice anything wrong with it like that but, preventative maintenance is a good thing. :rollin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my knock sensors today alot bigger than i expected. Hopefully get them in within the next few weeks, the doc gave me three more weeks of not walking :nonod: . Its pretty hard getting under the hood with crutches :nonod: .

Im really really sure i need them now, if ya check out the new sig haha. :D

Got my knock sensors today alot bigger than i expected. Hopefully get them in within the next few weeks, the doc gave me three more weeks of not walking :D . Its pretty hard getting under the hood with crutches :nonod: .

Im really really sure i need them now, if ya check out the new sig haha. :P

qqvjfo.jpg

Wow, havin' fun ?? :D:nonod:

• 3 weeks later...

so finally changed them out. Kinda hard job but the pics will show you why. 1st knock sensor was in water and looked shitty, 2nd ks was in water and just non existant and couldnt even come out with the hex, i had to shell it and drill into the stud and easy-out bit it. Wow wat a p.i.t.a. to do that :lol: .

But results are WAY better gas mileage, and surprisingly a very noticeable performance gain.

sooo rule of thumb CHANGE YOU KNOCK SENSORS!!

pics arnt workin rite ill try again later.

post-59918-1243544886_thumb.jpg

post-59918-1243544902_thumb.jpg

so finally changed them out. Kinda hard job but the pics will show you why. 1st knock sensor was in water and looked shitty, 2nd ks was in water and just non existant and couldnt even come out with the hex, i had to shell it and drill into the stud and easy-out bit it. Wow wat a p.i.t.a. to do that :lol: .

But results are WAY better gas mileage, and surprisingly a very noticeable performance gain.

sooo rule of thumb CHANGE YOU KNOCK SENSORS!!

pics arnt workin rite ill try again later.

wow!! What a mess!

Havn't removed mine yet but, when I do I hope it won't look like that! I'll probably remove that useless foam piece they put on both ends of the intake. Once mine are back in, I'll have it sealed up so spraying water over that area won't be an issue. Curious what your sensors looked like though! Post a pic if you have a pic! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! You surely needed to do that servicing! I hope others look at this and realize it's likely time! :dunno:

i have a 2002 silverado same problem, i will be replacing my knock sensors

what items will i need to purchase?

any special tools?

anything else i should replace while i have my engine tore apart ?

i have 196000 miles on my truck.. thanks noah ray sanders deer park texas

Archived