99 Silverado Mode Door Actuator

mgod12878

Question

hello all. a friend and i were putting a mode door actuator on my 99 silverado. after installation it will only blow air out the vent when you set it to defrost (and out the defrost when set on vent?? and it does not blow in the floor at all.. my friend is a mechanic but we are both stumped.. does anyone have any suggestions or experienced the same problem? thanks for your help in advance...

0 answers to this question

calibrate it with tech2??

i don't think it's binding, since it moves and you can work two of the air flows.. but i'm not a auto tech, just my truck and a friend that is a tech.. ase certified

If an actuator is out of range it may be possible to bring it back into range by following the procedure below:

1. <LI type=1>Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. <LI type=1>Connect a 3 amp fused jumper wire between the actuator control circuit and the 5 volt reference circuit of the actuator connector. <LI type=1>Remove the jumper wire and actuator connector when the actuator is at the center position. <LI type=1>If the actuator doesn't move in step 2. Try installing the jumper wire from control circuit and the ground circuit of the actuator.

2. With the actuator in the center position, install the actuator to the hvac case and secure the mounting screws and then connect the actuator connector.

Well tech2 is dealer scan tool,which can be use to calibrate the actuators too.If your friend or you unable to perform above task.just leave it on pro tech.

confirm colour code grey wire is 5volts refrence,and white is control circuit,if you did't find these colour wires in mode actuator connector,do not perform it.

280764.gif

Connector Part Information

• 6 Way F Micro-Pack 100 Series (BLK)

Pin

Wire Color

Circuit No.

Function

BRN

Fused Ignition 3 Feed

WHT

Mode Switch Output

BLK

Ground

--

--

Not Used

RED

Mode Door Position Sensor Signal (Upper)

GRY

Reference Voltage Feed (5 Volt)

thanks for the diagramitic.. that looks like we installed it.. just can't figure out why the air won't adjust to where you set it.. kind of seems that something is hooked up to the wrong thing..

<mode door actuator> :(

I think you need to calibrate it with tech2.

Are you sure the door is not binding before installing actuator on it?

Archived