So Cal Members Front And Center

grampadirt

I believe it's about time we have a head count..I'll start.I live in Santa Clarita near Magic Mtn. I like to go to the desert with ny wife and grandaughters to ride dirt bikes and camp.I'll include a pic of what we do...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe it's about time we have a head count..I'll start.I live in Santa Clarita near Magic Mtn. I like to go to the desert with ny wife and grandaughters to ride dirt bikes and camp.I'll include a pic of what we do...

Great Idea - I'm in Southern O.C. around Irvine. We share our play time between the desert and Havasu. A few pics:

post-40425-1226766049_thumb.jpg

post-40425-1226766055_thumb.jpg

post-40425-1226766067_thumb.jpg

Great Idea - I'm in Southern O.C. around Irvine. We share our play time between the desert and Havasu. A few pics:

Hi Steve,great pics.My 34 yr. old daughter likes to go to the dunes with her friends too.In fact she went just a couple of weeks ago.She said she crashed while riding a quad and got banged up a little,sore muscles and butt..she's OK now.

We go to California City,north of Edwards A.F. Base a little ways.Our camps pretty much look the same...covered wagons in a circle style,and the group campfire in the center..lotsa fun.

Gary

remember,it's not if you crash,but when :lol: that water looks refreshing

I was born in Anaheim but I don't think I could live in Commiefornia :lol: . Its nice to visit but I just love living in Texas.

It's not so bad when you get used to it.I was born in Seattle and left there many years ago 'cuz I hated the rain.Got lotsa sun and FIRES here...I do miss the fishing and seafood from the NW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in Torrance. 'Usta spend a lot of time in the desert on dirtbikes in the 70s. Then spent quite a bit of time out there 5 -18 yrs back on horseback. Lately, I spend a little time out there chasing chukar and quail.

Sorry, no pics. I'm new to the board in the last few weeks. Got a new 08 Vmax w/NHT pkg a couple weeks ago and love it except for the tune (lack thereof) and front shock damping can't keep the frontend from bobbing.

The pic below is from 1978. That's me in the middle and my plane on the right. I landed on the paved road between 14 and Randsburg, right alongside Cohen dry lake. That was some fun! :rolleyes:

DSC_0080.jpg

I'm in Torrance. 'Usta spend a lot of time in the desert on dirtbikes in the 70s. Then spent quite a bit of time out there 5 -18 yrs back on horseback. Lately, I spend a little time out there chasing chukar and quail.

Sorry, no pics. I'm new to the board in the last few weeks. Got a new 08 Vmax w/NHT pkg a couple weeks ago and love it except for the tune (lack thereof) and front shock damping can't keep the frontend from bobbing.

The pic below is from 1978. That's me in the middle and my plane on the right. I landed on the paved road between 14 and Randsburg, right alongside Cohen dry lake. That was some fun! :lol:

DSC_0080.jpg

I think I know the road..We go to Cal.City to camp and ride...grandkids love it.We lived in Torrance for many years in what was called the Southwood Tract.Sepulveda & P.V. Drive.There's a Chevron station there.My wife graduated from West High in '69...

I used to live in So Cal (Hence my screen name). I grew up in Norwalk, and most recently lived in Long Beach. I got the hell out as soon as I could, it's not somewhere that I want to raise a family.

I used to live in So Cal (Hence my screen name). I grew up in Norwalk, and most recently lived in Long Beach. I got the hell out as soon as I could, it's not somewhere that I want to raise a family.

Good thing you got outa LB,it's going downhill.So how do you like living in Montana?

Good thing you got outa LB,it's going downhill.So how do you like living in Montana?

I'm in Cerritos which is on the LA/OC border. I do lots of day trips to cajon pass(15/138) to ride my dirt bikes and play in my truck.

I also camp in Gormanand El Mirage dry lake bed. Once i get my toy hauler there will a lot more Stoddard and Glamis trips as well.

Post some pics later

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Cerritos which is on the LA/OC border. I do lots of day trips to cajon pass(15/138) to ride my dirt bikes and play in my truck.

I also camp in Gormanand El Mirage dry lake bed. Once i get my toy hauler there will a lot more Stoddard and Glamis trips as well.

Post some pics later

Been a while since I've checked this thread....We really enjoy the toy hauler we bought earlier this year.We take our grandaughters to Cal City when we get a chance.Came close to going to El Mirage tomorrow...but things came up and couldn't go..here's a pic of my rig..

MyRig-2.jpg

Hey I didn't see this thread until now. I live in Eastern Ventura County. I work in Norwalk well thats where I start my day anyway then drive all over OC and out to Corona.

We race dirtbikes in Lucerne Valley and up near Ridgcrest. We play ride in those two areas as well as Cal City and El Mirage and practice at some tracks like Milestone, Comp edge and Racetown. I sponsor an MX series over the summer and am a co-sponsor of the Big 6 Grand Prix Series.

• 2 months later...
Currently live in South OC - Mission Viejo. Grew up in Anaheim. That's right ... native Californian, only one in my family too.

Hi Jeff,we have a daughter who lives in MV,off of Margurite Pky & Alicia...anywhere near you?

Archived