How Do I Wire A Line Out Converter?

I want to add the mono amp and '10 infinity sub from my old truck into my new truck. I want to keep the factory H/U so I need to install a LOC. I've searched this forum and found that a few members recommend the PAC Trunck-LOC because it has the remote on feature.

I have a few questions.

1, What exactly do I need to connect the 3-4 wires to on this unit? I've installed an Alpine/amp/sub on my old truck so comfortable with wiring.

2. Where do I pass the amps power cable through? Is the rubber grommet in the same spot as in the older trucks? This is what I used before.

3. How do I remove the trim around the radio to get to the harness?

4. What gauge wire do you recommend? 6 or 8?

Thanks!

here are the answers to your questions:

1: to connect the loc (line output converter) you need to remove the dash and remove the headunit. splice into the the rear speakers left and right

LR Speaker +/- brown= + yellow= -

RR Speaker +/- dk. blue= + lt. blue= -

2: You can run the power wire from the front and send it through in the rubber that conceals the wires on the passenger side door. (ribbed rubber sock thing) ive done that for my 2007 silverado and my friends 2008 silverado

3: To remove the plastic trim around the radio you start from the top right near the passenger seat and just pull that out and just work your way around.

4: 8 gauge wire is fine + less powerful amps dont have big enough inputs for bigger wire

Hope this helps

here are the answers to your questions:

1: to connect the loc (line output converter) you need to remove the dash and remove the headunit. splice into the the rear speakers left and right

LR Speaker +/- brown= + yellow= -

RR Speaker +/- dk. blue= + lt. blue= -

2: You can run the power wire from the front and send it through in the rubber that conceals the wires on the passenger side door. (ribbed rubber sock thing) ive done that for my 2007 silverado and my friends 2008 silverado

3: To remove the plastic trim around the radio you start from the top right near the passenger seat and just pull that out and just work your way around.

4: 8 gauge wire is fine + less powerful amps dont have big enough inputs for bigger wire

Hope this helps

Than answered all my question!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

:lol:

4. What gauge wire do you recommend? 6 or 8?
What is the total rating of the fuses in the amp?

Through the door jamb? Not a great idea.

The amp has two 20 what amp fuses, it's a 100W mono amp.
Just making sure. You can use 8 gauge wire like jzizzo said, but you might want to consider thicker wiring if you think you might upgrade later on.

Why do you think it's a bad idea running the amp's power cable thru the doors? Do you have a better way for me to run it to the battery?
Good way for the wire to get pinched. Drill a hole in the firewall and use a rubber grommet if you have to.

BTW, you don't have Bose do you?

it definitely isnt going to get pinched. this guy is wrong. i have 4 gauge wireing going through that way and for my friend i ran 1/0 wiring the same way. guess what.. no pinching

if you need to see it i can take pictures

it definitely isnt going to get pinched. this guy is wrong. i have 4 gauge wireing going through that way and for my friend i ran 1/0 wiring the same way. guess what.. no pinching

if you need to see it i can take pictures

That would be great!

The amp has two 20 what amp fuses, it's a 100W mono amp.
Just making sure. You can use 8 gauge wire like jzizzo said, but you might want to consider thicker wiring if you think you might upgrade later on.

Why do you think it's a bad idea running the amp's power cable thru the doors? Do you have a better way for me to run it to the battery?
Good way for the wire to get pinched. Drill a hole in the firewall and use a rubber grommet if you have to.

BTW, you don't have Bose do you?

You don't need to use a bigger wire...your amp is only a 100 watts you could use speaker wire to power that

8 gauge is fine

thats what i use to power my 1000w mono block amp

and like jzizzo the small amps don't have big enough terminals for a bigger gauge

i ran my power cable from the bat across the top of the fire wall and then through the firewall where there are already holes drilled on the driver side

You don't need to use a bigger wire...your amp is only a 100 watts you could use speaker wire to power that

8 gauge is fine

thats what i use to power my 1000w mono block amp

and like jzizzo the small amps don't have big enough terminals for a bigger gauge

Are you serious, speaker wire?? I didn't say he had to use anything thicker than 8 gauge, I just mentioned that it might be a good idea to run thicker wire now in case he would ever get a bigger amp.

thunderstuck does have a point about running the bigger gauge now if your amp can use it now. and ill upload pics tomorrow when i get done with school

lol yeah ive done it

sry i didn;t mean to put you down

but an 8 guage is plenty even for a bigger amp

im running a 1000watt mono block d class

no prob

Archived