How Much Weight Can My Bed Hold

So I went to McCoy's to Pick up some shingles

when i got my ticket the weight was 2058 lbs

i didn't think about it and figure the truck could handle it (2008 GMC Sierra Base Modle4.3 V6)

they used a forklift to load the pallet

and first had to put it on as far as they could then pull out a lil and go back in

at first i was just like well its too far back but even after they pushed over th axel i was still shocked how far the truck was swquating

i made sure it wasn't on the bump stops

but the were about an 1/8 of inch about to touch

i was wondering if anyone know

exaclty how much weight can be hauled back there??

Do you have a 1500 or a 2500? If a ton squatted the truck that much, I'm guessing you have a 1500. I've had 2 ton in the back of my 2500 before, and she wasn't very happy with me, but got me where I was going. I don't think you hurt it any. As for answering your ?, I really don't know how much weight they can handle before they break.

Do you have a 1500 or a 2500? If a ton squatted the truck that much, I'm guessing you have a 1500. I've had 2 ton in the back of my 2500 before, and she wasn't very happy with me, but got me where I was going. I don't think you hurt it any. As for answering your ?, I really don't know how much weight they can handle before they break.

i have a 1500

yeah the truck didn't have any problems driving and i could still feel some flex in the rear

bt thanks anyway

Have you ever read your owners manual? It has the load ratings in there and you were way over. I am guessing but 1500 lbs minus occupants weight = 1200 - 1300 lbs. You were over by about 700-800lbs.

i didn't think about it and figure the truck could handle it (2008 GMC Sierra Base Modle4.3 V6)

and first had to put it on as far as they could then pull out a lil and go back in

at first i was just like well its too far back but even after they pushed over th axel i was still shocked how far the truck was swquating

Have you ever read your owners manual? It has the load ratings in there and you were way over. I am guessing but 1500 lbs minus occupants weight = 1200 - 1300 lbs. You were over by about 700-800lbs.

yeah about that

ive seemed to misplace it

If you weren't on the bumpstops sitting still on flat ground, and you drive very carefully and slow, you are fine. I wouldn't recommend trying to do it every day but it isn't going to hurt the truck to use it hard every once in a while.

Should be in your glove box.

yeah about that

How'd the 4.3 perform? Usual powerhouse I assue?

its performed like a champ

i was like DAMN

i wasn't too worried about that

i hauled a twenty foot flat bed before on the bumper

truck squatted a bit but not too much

i did 80 on three hour trip

no problem

Should be in your glove box.

yeah about that

it was there at one point...

I've had about 2,500 lbs in my bed before...I have the 5.3L V8 so no lack of power, and it was pre-springs too so I was sitting pretty low. First thing I said to my co-workers when I finally arrived was "Redneck lowering kit, anyone want it?" haha...Made me miss my 2500hd, I only squatted that thing twice in the year I had it and both times were with a loaded job box that was like 6' long.

Archived