Heated/cooled Seat Conversion

Has anybody attempted to install the heated and cooled seats out of a NBS Escalade into

a NBS truck? I have a 2008 Sierra Crew Cab SLT w heated seats. The Escalades have the

heating/cooling of the seats controlled via an in dash unit, which made me think it was not going to be possible. However, the 2009 Denali/Tahoe/Yukon/Suburbans have the heat/cooled seats controlled on the door panel, just like how my 2008 Sierra has the heated seat controls on the door panel. They just added an extra button.

I have access to a brand new set of Escalade seats... can it be made to work?

Thanks,

Richard

No ideal if it can be made to work. But it doesn't sound like an easy thing. It kind of depends on how the cooling is implemented. That is if it is stand alone in the seat or requires ducting from the main HVAC system.

It is a stand alone system, built into the seats. The peltier effect is used, with a couple of blower motors. The electronics that operate the system come attached to the bottom of the seats as well.

No ideal if it can be made to work. But it doesn't sound like an easy thing. It kind of depends on how the cooling is implemented. That is if it is stand alone in the seat or requires ducting from the main HVAC system.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it took me over a month to make it happen, but I now have a 2008 Sierra 2500HD with heated and cooled seats!! Seats were sourced from a 2009 Tahoe. Had to install the 2009 heat/cool seat switches into the doors, do some wiring on the seats, and some programming changes. If anyone is interested in this conversion, I'd be glad to write up a howto document.

Also, I now have a pair of almost new 2008 sierra charcoal leather seats AN3 heated and full power with lumbar if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Richard

It is a stand alone system, built into the seats. The peltier effect is used, with a couple of blower motors. The electronics that operate the system come attached to the bottom of the seats as well.

• Like 1

"Also, I now have a pair of almost new 2008 sierra charcoal leather seats AN3 heated and full power with lumbar if anyone is interested."

Thanks,

Richard

does anyone know if my 08 Sierra with manual seats is already wired for the power seats?...oh crap, I just realized yours are charcoal!...I wonder how hard it would be to die the charcoal color to ebony?....how much do you want for the seats?

thanks

Louie

"Also, I now have a pair of almost new 2008 sierra charcoal leather seats AN3 heated and full power with lumbar if anyone is interested."

Thanks,

Richard

does anyone know if my 08 Sierra with manual seats is already wired for the power seats?...oh crap, I just realized yours are charcoal!...I wonder how hard it would be to die the charcoal color to ebony?....how much do you want for the seats?

thanks

Louie

Ebony/Charcoal should be the same thing...

Yes I would definetly be interested in a write up!

I'm pretty sure that charcoal and ebony are the color.

If your truck has the AN3 option code, it should be prewired for these seats.

The memory seat module (under the drivers seat) controls all the power/lumbar/heat/memory functions. Making all the functions work requires that you have power windows, the memory/heat seat switch(drivers side) and heated seat switch (passenger side) installed into your door panels, and possibly some programming at the dealership.

If you dont care about making the memory seat recall or heated seat portion work, wiring for the just the power adjustable seat/lumbar is quite simple, just a few hot wires and grounds. Everything for the power movement/lumbar is self contained in the seats.

$900 for both front seats, plus freight. They are basically brand new seats, complete with the memory seat module and all wiring on both sides. I have a purpose-built shipping pallet for them.

I will do a write up on the heated/cooled seat (KB6) install this week and get it posted as soon as possible. I appreciate all the interest.

Richard

stick it into the Tech Wiki

The memory seat module (under the drivers seat) controls all the power/lumbar/heat/memory functions. Making all the functions work requires that you have power windows, the memory/heat seat switch(drivers side) and heated seat switch (passenger side) installed into your door panels, and possibly some programming at the dealership.

If you dont care about making the memory seat recall or heated seat portion work, wiring for the just the power adjustable seat/lumbar is quite simple, just a few hot wires and grounds. Everything for the power movement/lumbar is self contained in the seats.

$900 for both front seats, plus freight. They are basically brand new seats, complete with the memory seat module and all wiring on both sides. I have a purpose-built shipping pallet for them.

I will do a write up on the heated/cooled seat (KB6) install this week and get it posted as soon as possible. I appreciate all the interest.

Richard

Richard,

Am looking forward to hearing about how you did this! I was recently considering an upgrade of trucks in order to get the cooled seats, and a few other various things, but I enjoy projects like this...so if I can get it to work also that would be great....if you don't mind me asking where did you get your 09 Model Seats?

I was in the same predicament, was considering trading in my truck to get the heated/cooled seats, but unfortunately GM does not put them into any truck that can also have the Duramax engine. (As far as I know, you can get them in 2007-2009 Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade Truck; 2009 Tahoe LTZ, Yukon Denali, or Sierra Denali. But the Sierra Denali is only a half ton truck and thus has no diesel option.)

I'm in the automotive business, and have a relationship with the company who supplies the seats/electronics for GM. If other people decide they want to do the conversion, I will be glad to assist you in getting the seats you want in the color you want. If you want to match your current seat colors in a 2007-2008 NBS truck, you will need the 2009 NBS Truck/Tahoe/Yukon seats... the Cadillac seats use different colors and grades of leather, though functionally they are the same.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Richard,

Am looking forward to hearing about how you did this! I was recently considering an upgrade of trucks in order to get the cooled seats, and a few other various things, but I enjoy projects like this...so if I can get it to work also that would be great....if you don't mind me asking where did you get your 09 Model Seats?

• Like 1

sounds great.....yeah I'd certainly be interested in doing this swap. I infact buy and sell alot of GM Truck Seats over the internet and usually have pretty good access to them, but I think I would need some assistance in getting some 09 Tahoe/Yukon Seats.....I would really like to have the 09 Denali/Escalade type leather, but they don't make that vehicle in an Extended Cab which would leave me with Non-Matching Seats....my truck is Ebony on the Inside and already has the AN3 Option....

I guess aside from doing some wiring in the seats, did you have to do any in the doors or floor harness, etc?

Also were you able to take it to a dealer to have the KB6 option simply flashed, or were you able to get the flash done by being in the auto business. My Local Dealer here doesn't seem to have the greatest luck in "adding features" when I know just as well as other members on the board that you can reconfigure the VCI and have the RPO codes flashed in after the fact....so let me know I would certainly be interested.

Richard

thanks Richard....I'll check my codes, as for freight, what part of the country are you in?

Louie