Heated/cooled Seat Conversion

Richard,

I have an 08 CC Sierra as well, but an SLT that currently has the leather with power, heat, and memory, but no cooling. I'm definitely interested in the heat/cooling mod for the front seats, but I'm also curious if it's possible on the Crew truck to upgrade the rear seat to have heat/cooling as well? That's one thing I'd really like to have for the benefit of rear seat passengers in my truck as well. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Also, I just looked at an '09 Escalade Platinum Edition truck at the auto show in Detroit, and I see they brought back the heated/cooled cup holders... I'm also going to be looking into doing that mod and installing them into my All-Terrain's console. Once I have that figured out I'll document it for everyone also.

I didn't know about the cupholders, but I'm definitely interested. Please keep us up to date.

For the rear seat - GM does produce a heated only rear seat option for the Escalades and Tahoe/Suburban/Yukons... but their seats are structurally different than the trucks... I do know that the electronics that control the rear heated seats are compatible with our trucks, so I think it would be a matter of getting the rear ac/entertainment controls out of a rear-heated seat SUV, programming that module, adding the wiring and heating elements/sensors to our seats.

The SUVs use a system in the rear seats that is nearly identical to the heated-only system in our front seats. I think a factory appearing and functioning install would be quite possible.

As far as heating and cooling the rear seats, at that point I think it would have to be custom... I dont see any combination of stuff out of the GM parts bin making that happen.

Richard,

I have an 08 CC Sierra as well, but an SLT that currently has the leather with power, heat, and memory, but no cooling. I'm definitely interested in the heat/cooling mod for the front seats, but I'm also curious if it's possible on the Crew truck to upgrade the rear seat to have heat/cooling as well? That's one thing I'd really like to have for the benefit of rear seat passengers in my truck as well. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Also, I just looked at an '09 Escalade Platinum Edition truck at the auto show in Detroit, and I see they brought back the heated/cooled cup holders... I'm also going to be looking into doing that mod and installing them into my All-Terrain's console. Once I have that figured out I'll document it for everyone also.

I didn't know about the cupholders, but I'm definitely interested. Please keep us up to date.

For the rear seat - GM does produce a heated only rear seat option for the Escalades and Tahoe/Suburban/Yukons... but their seats are structurally different than the trucks... I do know that the electronics that control the rear heated seats are compatible with our trucks, so I think it would be a matter of getting the rear ac/entertainment controls out of a rear-heated seat SUV, programming that module, adding the wiring and heating elements/sensors to our seats.

The SUVs use a system in the rear seats that is nearly identical to the heated-only system in our front seats. I think a factory appearing and functioning install would be quite possible.

As far as heating and cooling the rear seats, at that point I think it would have to be custom... I dont see any combination of stuff out of the GM parts bin making that happen.

Hmm... ok, that's good to know, thanks. Too bad they didn't put even the heated-only rear seats in the Sierra Denali as an option, that would be nice to have... and would make it much easier to source parts/avoid taking the seat covers off the rear seats. I guess for now that will have to stay a bit lower on my priority list.

As for the cup holders, I found at least SOME additional information that may prove helpful; once the Caddy guys figure out how to swap them into a non-platinum Escalade, I would imagine doing the swap into a Chevy/GMC console wouldn't be that much more difficult. Here's a thread I located on the topic:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadil...oled-cup-3.html

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

you must not have leather. on days here where it hits -20c that leather is like sitting on ice cubes that seem to pierce even the thickest pants. the heated seats are nice. but heated and cooled, thats a luxury im interested in :fart:

IMO I would MUCH rather have cooled seats than heated!

Is your interior door handle above or below your armrest?

I'd be interested in a "how to" also...I have black leather in my recently purchased 08 sierra CC, but no heat.

I've been freezing my ass off the past couple of mornings.

Does your truck have memory drivers seat and power windows?

Power yes, memory NO

Below....

you can get a factory heated seat kit for about 400$ and do the install yourself

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the Tech article on how to add the cooled seats? What I really need is the referred to wiring diagram. I'm in the middle of adding a pair of 2009 Denali Cooled seats to a 2009 Sierra 1500 SLT. Have it all figured out except for the rewire needed at the 30 pin body harness to seat connector. Wiring for non-cooled seats (with option AN3) at the 30 pin connector is different from that of the 30 pin connector for cooled seat (option KB6) equipped trucks. I have the wiring diagrams and may eventually be able to figure it out but it is complicated. This one even stumped the best guy's at the local GMC dealership after a day of trying. The dealer believes another option, to avoid re-wireing at the 30 pin connector, is to remove/replace the wiring harness on the floor of the truck that go to the two front seats and runs along the lower door thresholds on both LH and RH sides of the truck, with a harness from a cooled seat (opt KB6) equipped truck.

Any help or copy of the tech article with re-wire instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

C.B.

• 1 month later...
The article on how to do it doesn't work anymore.

Any chance this could be done on an 08 Silverado Texas Ed. Extended cab? Leather seats are brutal in the summer.

I'm looking for the article as well. Just purchased a 2009 Yukon XL with nearly every option, but I want cooled seats as well. Need part numbers for cooled seats in light titanium color as well (dealer could only find part numbers for ebony and cashmere)....

• 2 months later...

anyone know status of the "tech wiki" instructions to add cooled seat option to sierra slt that didn't have them?

BTW, I received this feedback email from amerigon http://amerigon.com/ccs_seating.php

which intalls a system called:CCS

Thanks for the inquiry. We can do this. There are 2 options.

1st - is the replacement of the current factory leather with our leather. This would include the necessary perforation and required special foam to allow the airflow. Retail cost for this package would be $2,499.

2nd - is to use your existing covers. This requires a more lengthy process. We must disassemble the current covers, then send the parts to another location for the perforation process. Most customers have elected to do this only on the front seats due to cost. $1,299. This would take up to 10 working days. We would try to reduce this, but must plan for extra time. Much of this is to accommodate shipping time.

Either way, the results are terrific. The cooled seat function is very nice. One additional point, your current seat heater switches become dormant. The CCS system uses a different and much more effective heating process.

Our Atlanta facility can handle this effort

My preference is to not have dormant switches...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...