What Kind Of Tools Do You Use?

2007VictoryRed

I have mostly matco tools, few snap on, and a few craftsman. All my sockets are matco and my wrenches are all matco. The tools that dont see regular use are usually craftsman.. still good stuff.. but nothing cheap. Ive got my laptop in there now. very useful, and bout every drawer is filled with tools like yours lol. electrical drawer, socket and wrench drawer... and all kinds of shiot. lol

post-36192-1229064808_thumb.jpg

Mostly Snap-On...But I've recently gone through a 12 step program to help me with that addiction and now pretty much buy Craftsman. Good tools, and I don't have to chase down a dealer in a truck like I'm after the ice cream man.

I've got a Snap-On roll around and top box, but they're full, and I'm sure that my next box will be Craftsman unless I can find a smokin' deal on Craigslist for another Snap-On.

Mostly Snap-On...But I've recently gone through a 12 step program to help me with that addiction and now pretty much buy Craftsman. Good tools, and I don't have to chase down a dealer in a truck like I'm after the ice cream man.

I've got a Snap-On roll around and top box, but they're full, and I'm sure that my next box will be Craftsman unless I can find a smokin' deal on Craigslist for another Snap-On.

Great question. I own mostly Snap On tools. Mac tools in many areas are the equal of Snap On and I think MAC make a very superior tool box. I am not tool box fixated and rather have my $ tied up in the tools than a flashy box. There are many good American tool companies that make presses and pullers and can be bought direct at a good price before the Mac or Snap On name is stamped on it. Another example, Mac and Snap On sell identical cobalt drill bits (or did a couple years ago) but Mac had a better price. SK makes a great tool as does Craftsman. I don't think there is a better open end box than Snap On, but the best value for air tools is Ingersol Rand. If you are a professional mechanic I would deal with the tool salesman that provides the best service to your shop, but never be brand fixated as they all excel in different areas. If you put together a large list of tools you want, shop the list between MAC and Snap On and let both know you are shopping. See who is hungry. I am sure the economy has made tool salesmen more competitive. BTW, I sold MAC for a year and the company was great and honest. When I was a young wrench the only tool guy that came around was Snap On so most of my purchces went to him. Any tool that will bust a knuckle, trust Snap On. That goes for sockets and wrenches. All others I'd shop hard. I am too out dated to reccommend scan tools. Lastly, talk to the senior mechanic in the shop and find out which individual salesman has the best service and longevity, support goes a long way when you make your living twisting wrench. BTW, MAC had a great program that sold to students dirt cheap while in training.

lol... yeah.. using matco and snap on etc.. i like cause they tend not to wear like cheap brands and start to round off bolts.. and companys wont warranty that.. only if that break so.. just spend the extra penny... have some shiny tools, and know youve got the baddest wrenches in america. lol

I've been disappointed with craftsman's quality as of late. I have some old tools of my dad's and they far stronger than today's craftsman. In fact my father in-law busted 2 of his craftsman wrenches :lol: and had to switch to huskie brand. (he has freakish gorilla arms).

I've been disappointed with craftsman's quality as of late. I have some old tools of my dad's and they far stronger than today's craftsman. In fact my father in-law busted 2 of his craftsman wrenches :lol: and had to switch to huskie brand. (he has freakish gorilla arms).

And that's because the current Craftsman stuff isn't as good as it used to be. I was a Craftsman tool sales person and did all in house warranty work for them and the new stuff is junk compared to the old. Very cheap internals in the ratchets and the rest of the lot is the same. It applies all the way down the line. I blame Sears poor profits, and people abusing the tool warranty. People would bring in the most broken stuff and expect us to swap it. We did, but we shouldn't have. We'd have people buy regular sockets for their impact and replace them once a month after they crack them. The same goes towards everything. Idiots putting pipes on their ratchets trying to use them like breaker bars and busting the guts. Some of them even had the nerve to then bitch that they busted their knuckles because of it. There was once a guy who brought torque wrench after torque wrench in after his kept loosing it's calibration. He was using it as a ratchet 100% of the time and was just careless with it. They only have a one year warranty with a receipt but he broke his once every month or two. Craftsman tools are good enough, but they're by no means the same quality as Snap-On, Matco, and Mac. I've got all craftsman stuff just because I had a very nice discount for a while but if I need something to last my lifetime, I'd look otherwise.

Iam going to school right now To be a Master Tech. I would like to know What kind of tools and Tool boxes You guys Have. My self I have all SNAP ON Iv been buying tools since i got my frist job at Raleys When I was 16. Lets see some Pics.

Master tech (now I just boss them around)

SNAP-ON!

2066146360056313536S600x600Q85.jpg

Snap-On

Archived