P0128 & P0442

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alexgchavez

alexgchavez

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

i have a 2004 Chevy Silverado V6 4.3 the other day my check engine light came on when i had the diagnostics done at my local Auto Zone the codes that came up were P0128 (coolant temperature too low) and P0442 (small leak in emission control system) . i decided to work on the the first code first so i flushed my cooling system since i thought i might as well take advantage i changed the thermostat and then i changed the coolant temperature sensor. as far as the P0442 code ive only changed my gas cap i was wondering what i should do first to take care of the small leak? Ive noticed that my fuel gauge is starting to jump around a lot its starting to look more like tachometer than a fuel gauge. i don't know if that helps in determining what i should do first. any ideas?

#2 Norseman

Norseman

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,382 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

i have a 2004 Chevy Silverado V6 4.3 the other day my check engine light came on when i had the diagnostics done at my local Auto Zone the codes that came up were P0128 (coolant temperature too low) and P0442 (small leak in emission control system) . i decided to work on the the first code first so i flushed my cooling system since i thought i might as well take advantage i changed the thermostat and then i changed the coolant temperature sensor. as far as the P0442 code ive only changed my gas cap i was wondering what i should do first to take care of the small leak? Ive noticed that my fuel gauge is starting to jump around a lot its starting to look more like tachometer than a fuel gauge. i don't know if that helps in determining what i should do first. any ideas?

Search P0442. You will find all you need.
PLEASE BUY FROM AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE THAT DEPEND ON THEM.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. -- G. K. Chesterton

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being"
-- Kahlil Gibran

God Bless Our American Service Men That Do Just That!!

If the Malibu had a Toyota badge the toy-sheeple would hump it in a parking lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users