P0128 & P0442

alexgchavez

Question

i have a 2004 Chevy Silverado V6 4.3 the other day my check engine light came on when i had the diagnostics done at my local Auto Zone the codes that came up were P0128 (coolant temperature too low) and P0442 (small leak in emission control system) . i decided to work on the the first code first so i flushed my cooling system since i thought i might as well take advantage i changed the thermostat and then i changed the coolant temperature sensor. as far as the P0442 code ive only changed my gas cap i was wondering what i should do first to take care of the small leak? Ive noticed that my fuel gauge is starting to jump around a lot its starting to look more like tachometer than a fuel gauge. i don't know if that helps in determining what i should do first. any ideas?

0 answers to this question

i have a 2004 Chevy Silverado V6 4.3 the other day my check engine light came on when i had the diagnostics done at my local Auto Zone the codes that came up were P0128 (coolant temperature too low) and P0442 (small leak in emission control system) . i decided to work on the the first code first so i flushed my cooling system since i thought i might as well take advantage i changed the thermostat and then i changed the coolant temperature sensor. as far as the P0442 code ive only changed my gas cap i was wondering what i should do first to take care of the small leak? Ive noticed that my fuel gauge is starting to jump around a lot its starting to look more like tachometer than a fuel gauge. i don't know if that helps in determining what i should do first. any ideas?

Search P0442. You will find all you need.

Archived